Don't ever pay full price for mythemeshop wordpress themes

Degree
Mythemeshop makes some pretty nice lightweight and easy to use themes for wordpress if you're just making a simple blog or a pumper site. You'll recognize a few of their themes from viralnova and probably other places. They have them all listed on their site for $49 each but they're always "on sale" for $35 with a pre-filled out coupon code that says "Congrats you're getting the best price." False.

If you sign up for their mailing list you'll get an email anytime they release a new theme with a code to get it for $9. That's less expensive than their monthly membership and they don't seem to come out with a new theme every month so it doesnt make sense to be a member at all. You could sign up for a month, grab all the themes you want, not renew and then just buy the ones you want for $9 a pop.

Just thought I would share.

Where do you guys like to get your themes?

Before I knew better I was a member of elegant themes but they are so bloated and take a lot of customization to look nice. Now it's either MTS or just free themes from wordpress.org for me. Occasionally something from themeforest for more important stuff.

Excellent tip. Just signed up. Thank you.

I use genesis a lot. I bought the pack that allowed me to get every skin they have and ever will have for a one time payment. If forget what the price was when I bought it but it's 399$ now.

Good tip! I'm working on a "resources" thread with all the best places to get themes, plugins, content, anything else that someone might need. I'll make sure to reference this thread.

Yes, I agree. Elegant Themes is a nightmare most of the time. They don't seem to understand efficiency when it comes to coding.

That's a solid trick you've described for MyThemeShop. I've never understood paying for more than a month or a year on any of those. I sign up, DL them all, and call it a day. There's never a new theme or update to the theme that's a must have, for me.

Thanks for the heads up I got this one for $9! And I see it's the new theme at viralnova these guys must be friends or something

Thanks for the heads up I got this one for $9! And I see it's the new theme at viralnova these guys must be friends or something

I find themes like this very interesting. They seem to almost be exclusively built for tablets, with desktop and mobile being second considerations. It's smart for sure for that type of site.

I find themes like this very interesting. They seem to almost be exclusively built for tablets, with desktop and mobile being second considerations. It's smart for sure for that type of site.

How come? I hadn't thought of that... (Being designed with tablets in mind), what traits make you say that?

Coupon code: 9DollarHalloween to get any theme for $9 for the next 24 hours.
Coupon code: 9DollarBoo to get any theme for $9 for the next 24 hours.

I can get you ANY elegant themes theme.. but urghs.. don't bother. They are horrible.

::emp::

^ This.

Seems so many people end up buying them when they're newbies... "Wow such a good deal!" then you learn the ropes and realize how bloated and frustrating they are.

+1 to elegant themes being awful.

I had nothing but problems when I subscribed to them.

Back