Domains that won't re-index still holding power

Degree
Bought a domain a few weeks back that I didn't find the spam links it has pointed towards it until after I'd already thrown up a pretty convincing (IMO, at least) fake company page in its place. Articles, graphics, privacy, etc.

Basically, as soon as I put the article with the link to my money site I found the spam so I removed the link and then added another link to a random site I found sitting about 15-16 for a nothing term.

The domain went live on the 18th of December and has still not re-indexed so I assume that's basically a guarantee that it's penalized. BUT on the 28th that nothing term shot from 15-16 to #1 and has stayed there since, so apparently it still holds some power.

My understanding was that a de-indexed domain wouldn't pass any power, however?

How should I use this domain? I was thinking pointing to one of my stronger 2.0s?

Interesting. Are you sure there are no any other factors? Other links to that random site?

No links are showing to the site on either Ahrefs of Majestic

I have their spiders blocked on my PBN

So site:yoursite.com is empty in google search?

The only way to confirm a penalty would be joining g webmaster. No other search engine/index/service really matters.

My suspicion is that sites not-included in the index can still pass link equity. They might not be worthy of the index for some reason, but they have enough trust worthy links to still pass power, and google knows they can't just start yanking nodes out of the link graph or they won't have a true feel of how link juice flows.

Yep. Other than the random site-indexers of course.

This confuses me. Maybe I don't know jack about seo. But if you do a site query correctly and you're not indexed, nothing will show up at all.

This confuses me. Maybe I don't know jack about seo. But if you do a site query correctly and you're not indexed, nothing will show up at all.
I mean the random "information" sites. Not anything on my actual domain. I probably should have just left that out, I can see why that would be misleading.

Maybe you could check to see if the penalized site is passing socials, sounds pretty odd for a site that's not indexed in google to pass link juice

Non indexed sites / content will not pass link juice imo.

Just doesn't make sense that they would.

If google doesn't deem them good enough to be in their index then why would they assign any authority or link juice to them.

As for the domain, have you checked it's history in archive.org?

did you o the site: query for the domain with both www. and without?

Back