Does one have to "niche down" ?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Lets say I go broad. Will my rate of success drastically drop?

Completely, 100% dependent on what you want to do with your site.

If ranking, it will likely be tougher.
If leaking, who cares?

In general... no. But the time frames, the level of energy and patience, the amount of financial backing, and other variables will definitely be lengthened or increased.

In your specific case, if you're going to continue to focus on leaking, then no. If you want to go for a complete SEO attempt with on-page and off-page with link building and leaking still, then you're going to get to your end goal (which is probably flipping) a lot faster. You'll fail faster. You'll learn faster. And if you aren't hard-headed, each iteration will become higher quality, faster rise in the SERPs, and a better liquidation.

If you're going to freak out and delete your site any time you meet an obstacle, you might as well find a different industry. Next time, save your site, move it to a different domain and start with a boatload of content ready to be indexed. Or don't delete it and keep working. Unless Google himself deindexes your site, there's no reason to delete it.

In general... no. But the time frames, the level of energy and patience, the amount of financial backing, and other variables will definitely be lengthened or increased.

In your specific case, if you're going to continue to focus on leaking, then no. If you want to go for a complete SEO attempt with on-page and off-page with link building and leaking still, then you're going to get to your end goal (which is probably flipping) a lot faster. You'll fail faster. You'll learn faster. And if you aren't hard-headed, each iteration will become higher quality, faster rise in the SERPs, and a better liquidation.

If you're going to freak out and delete your site any time you meet an obstacle, you might as well find a different industry. Next time, save your site, move it to a different domain and start with a boatload of content ready to be indexed. Or don't delete it and keep working. Unless Google himself deindexes your site, there's no reason to delete it.

Yeah I made a rash decision and i accept it, I learnt a whole lotta things from that episode. I still have some of my best posts cached, so I'll just be adding those

I agre with @Ryuzaki over all, I would like to just add that if you decide to initially niche down it can help you in the serps, and then from there once you've gained an audience and authority you can begin to go broader or nicheing up if will, if you do choose this model remember to engage your audience in a surevey or several to find out what topics to focus on when expanding, that way you'll esentially have your "fans" marketing more and more of your business, since you are going to provide them with exactly want they want.

Back