Does Google Censor Queries?!

Degree
Hey, so, I have a whole niche where, if you Google a keyword, Google only shows 60 results or so and not the full 1,000 results. Then, if you click, "Show omitted results" you can finally see my site and most other commercial sites for the query. Is this Google censoring the SERP of commercial queries? Does Google do this?! This is crazy if it does. It really looks like it because the SERP used to be filled with tons of commercial sites. Now, it's only 5 and the rest are all government sites. Google has been cracking down on this niche on AdWords and the niche is totally banned on AdWords... they might moved to Organic now...

Without spoiling the exact niche, can you say under which umbrella it is? Politics? Covid?

According to google keyword shitter has 0 searches. -_-
When auto complete is allowed to compete fairly it also works its way to number 1 cuz of the shock value in lists.
Life ain't fair. booo hooo
Google still pays my bills so I get to accept their platform their rules or get bent.
Given my alternative for network effect right now is litterly tik tok facebook or microsoft we take what we get and let them have their cut of thumb on the scales monies.

Without spoiling the exact niche, can you say under which umbrella it is? Politics? Covid?
It's not political or covid related. A close analogy would be "texas CDL license".

According to google keyword shitter has 0 searches. -_-
When auto complete is allowed to compete fairly it also works its way to number 1 cuz of the shock value in lists.
Life ain't fair. booo hooo
Google still pays my bills so I get to accept their platform their rules or get bent.
Given my alternative for network effect right now is litterly tik tok facebook or microsoft we take what we get and let them have their cut of thumb on the scales monies.
No, it's not the auto suggest, this is the results to the queries. So, instead of displaying my site at #5 or whatever, it is being omitted and placed in the omitted results section of the SERP. One needs to go to the last page of the SERP, click to show omitted results, and then you'll view my site. I'll send you an example. It's WEIRD. The weirdest thing is that, for some queries, it only happens when I login via a VPN in the US. When I'm viewing it from outside the US, no problem. For some other queries, it is global.

Back