Do you have an editor?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
I want to hire an editor to give content agencies a talking to, when they deliver trash content. I want to stay on good terms with agencies, which I don't feel is possible, if I tell someone that their content is trash.

I would also like the editor to publish posts in Elementor, so that my only content involvement becomes delivering keyword templates to my editor and then my posts "magically" appear on my site.

I'm not sure how editors generally like to get paid, pr. piece or pr. hour.

I plan on hiring a part time editor and use maybe 5% of gross income on it. Would that be reasonable?

How come you want to keep working with agencies that deliver trash content?

I've found that most agencies are receptive to feedback. If they aren't or they can't fix the content up to my standard, then I ditch them for another agency. Content agencies are a dime a dozen.

I want to hire an editor to give content agencies a talking to, when they deliver trash content. I want to stay on good terms with agencies, which I don't feel is possible, if I tell someone that their content is trash.

Why don't you hire a "senior editor" and have him check the content you receive from different agencies? or have him write the content? Then compare the prices vs quality and go from there!

At the end of the day - you get what you pay for! Top notch editors charge way more than agencies.

I would also like the editor to publish posts in Elementor, so that my only content involvement becomes delivering keyword templates to my editor and then my posts "magically" appear on my site.

I advertise on BUSO for content so my view is kinda of bias, but I have worked with tons of different business/owner personalities. Its obvious which owners/businesses have policies/procedures in place and which ones don't. You can feel that in their content (the way they communicate with us).

In my experience, that scenario rarely exists unless your "senior editor" is also fluent in SEO and UX!

I'm not sure how editors generally like to get paid, pr. piece or pr. hour.

I plan on hiring a part time editor and use maybe 5% of gross income on it. Would that be reasonable?
It very much depends on your definition of acceptable and trash, especially if you want to hire a 'proper' editor.

I'm guessing a 'proper' editor would have the following requirements:
  1. Fluent (mother tongue) in the language of your website
  2. Trained and/or experienced writer and editor
  3. Knowledgeable about current SEO practices, especially on-page
  4. Confident and experienced in dealing with online supplier/agency relationships
Speaking as someone who ticks at least three of those boxes I do have doubts that you would normally be offering enough to offset the opportunity cost (what those skills could currently earn if used in other ways) if you are hiring content agencies at a level that sometimes delivers trash.

But then corona has thrown many people out of work, so it's probably a time to be hiring...

(I sometimes do a bit of translation and I get paid per page with standard font, spacing, type size, if that helps. Others like to get paid per word.)

Back