Do you have a plan for SEO content 24/7/365? (events and holidays)

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
This is something I'm thinking a lot about. An authority website is a money machine, that if done right, is creating income year round.

Are we missing out on certain seasons of the year, days even hours though?

Most markets are cyclical.

When I had a site about dating back in the day, Sunday was the big day, Monday and Tuesday were weak. What about the rest of the week?

If you have a site about gardening, what are you doing to offset in the winter?

It takes time to branch out into a new site. Why not try to find a way to tap into content that isn't directly related, by using recurring events and happenings.

I want to hit my portfolio of sites with money making SEO content, every hour, every day of the year. I don't want lapses and seasonal adjustments or no income in the night or anything like that.

The way I intend to offset this is to really try to hit all events and happenings around the year and then find a way to market that so it fits the topic of the site.

Examples:

School begins in August/September. I have a site about toys, naturally I need some articles on "Cheat sheet for first day in school" and then link to schoolbags and the like.

I might have a site about fishing, which has its peak in the summer, but am I making sure to have an article about ice fishing to offset in the winter?

Maybe I have a jobsite, that gets no traffic friday and saturday, what do I do about that? I could write an article about "Is the guy you're dating lying about his job", cause then I tap into the weekend dating traffic.

Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Halloween, Christmas, Easter,

Springbreak, Graduation, Dropout, First day in class etc etc.

If you really put some thought into it, with an authority site, there really shouldn't be any down periods of the year. Now naturally, if you're a "normal" marketer, I imagine every knows this, but if you look around at the affiliate sites and niche sites you're competing with, are they really doing that?

I mean this flatten the curve logic.

Down times down time hay day is hay day.

I’m in b2b. I’d rather take the weekend off go work on my fishing content and just pound it on Monday’s cuz that’s when the customers are biting.

Slow time can be be prep or work on something that’s in cycle time.

So no I don’t have a 24/7 plan. Seems like a ton of work for the sake of work.

I usually schedule 1 month of content at a time then syndicate to social properties in a staggered manner. usually takes me 5 hours to setup/schedule 30 days work.

i still create new content during the month if I see opportunities to newsjack a hot event but most of the reg housekeeping is done in advance.

there is a lot more to it but you just have to find your groove and stay aware & motivated

Back