Do you guys prefer Surfer SEO or Page Optimizer Pro?

Degree
Did you guys optimize the content with SEO Surfer or POP?

Did you guys optimize the content with SEO Surfer or POP?

Why would you use those expensive tools, when you could be using SERPWoo's version that comes free with every subscription and doesn't run on your desktop with a bunch of excel files you have to decipher?

Of note, you have to ask for access to this while it's in Beta.

on-page-seo-analysis-tool.jpg

@eliquid I have subscriptions to SerpWoo, SurferSeo, and Ahrefs. I use all of them for my keyword research. The time I spend on keyword research is my main bottleneck right now. I've been playing with Surfer's Content Editor and I'm finding it saves me a ton of time during the keyword research phase. So I'm considering upgrading my Surfer package and focusing on using that tool only for keyword research. With that extra time saved I'll be able to push out tons of content, which is my main goal right now. However, I would love to continue using SerpWoo instead of Surfer for this, if it's possible.

I spoke with CCarter and from what I understand SerpWoo won't have the Content Editor feature (possible in the future?), but is there any way SerpWoo's analysis can be done before an article is published? Perhaps pasting in the article draft in some field for SerpWoo to analyze? That way I can give that info to the writer and they will know what edits to make to their article before submitting it to me. I suppose that's basically a Content Editor, hah. But just trying to think of ways this can be done with SerpWoo as I really like SerpWoo, and the great customer support you guys give.

Enough with the advertising in this thread. Keep the promotion in your sales thread instead.

Semrush sensor is good enough, and it's free and it goes to people who actually make a difference.

SERPWoo.

Semrush sensor is good enough

The volatility metrics at SW existed before SEMRush’s sensor by over 3 years. In fact we’ve got dozens of @semrush.com emails in our user database to confirm they’ve been trying to take us on for a long time. Copied our features, watch what we do.

They spend Google Ad budgets bidding on our name.

Part of the game, I ain’t mad at them.

You don’t do all that for a nobody.
it goes to people who actually make a difference.

Your disdain for me is well noted.

It hasn’t stopped me.

It won’t stop me.

Remember that.

Enough with the advertising in this thread. Keep the promotion in your sales thread instead.

Semrush sensor is good enough, and it's free and it goes to people who actually make a difference.

Only one promoting is you.

SERPWoo had this type of metric before SEMRush.

SEMRush copies features of SERPWoo years later.

SERPWoo offers this graph and data for free too, maybe you missed it because your blind to your dislike of SERPWoo. https://www.serpwoo.com/stats/volatility/

SERPWoo has been making a difference longer than SEMRush. Matter of fact tools like them stagnated for years without innovation until SERPWoo came along and took some of their market share, which is exactly when they started pumping out new features. It's one of the reasons SERPWoo exists.

And considering SERPWoo was the first tool AND ONLY tool to help people spot Algo updates, this is the perfect place to talk about it regardless if it is a paid or free tool. The part of the tool I even mentioned is free BTW and can be seen by everyone for no cost.

Get your head out of your ass.

@eliquid I have subscriptions to SerpWoo, SurferSeo, and Ahrefs. I use all of them for my keyword research. The time I spend on keyword research is my main bottleneck right now. I've been playing with Surfer's Content Editor and I'm finding it saves me a ton of time during the keyword research phase. So I'm considering upgrading my Surfer package and focusing on using that tool only for keyword research. With that extra time saved I'll be able to push out tons of content, which is my main goal right now. However, I would love to continue using SerpWoo instead of Surfer for this, if it's possible.

I spoke with CCarter and from what I understand SerpWoo won't have the Content Editor feature (possible in the future?), but is there any way SerpWoo's analysis can be done before an article is published? Perhaps pasting in the article draft in some field for SerpWoo to analyze? That way I can give that info to the writer and they will know what edits to make to their article before submitting it to me. I suppose that's basically a Content Editor, hah. But just trying to think of ways this can be done with SerpWoo as I really like SerpWoo, and the great customer support you guys give.

Yeah, that would be content editor.

What I do is, I run it as is and then take note of what the Target Avg is.

So if I need a Target Avg of 4 H4's with a certain keyword, then I write my article now with 4 H4's.

Granted, you don't get to put it in SERPWoo now ( the HTML/content you wrote ) and rerun it to make sure it's 100% perfect, but that's what good notes and following directions are for too.

Things will be improved and added down the line, but right now the content editor would be a while down the roadmap potentially.

Last edited:
Semrush copies everything worth copying.
Semrush markets everywhere worth marketing.
This is why they win.
Quick someone throw them some more venture capital.

Am I still in the google algo update thread? :tongue:

I've been playing with Surfer's Content Editor and I'm finding it saves me a ton of time during the keyword research phase.
I've been thinking of giving SEO Surfer a Shot. ¿How do you use it for kw research? Thanks.

I dont use it as the primary kw research tool, that is Ahrefs. For kw research Surfer is a secondary tool. Use it to see terms that should be included when they aren’t present in Serpwoo. Also to quickly get page word counts instead of doing it manually.

Last edited:
I find the whole seo science and testing cult a bit cringy. There are too many variables you can't control for.

There are thousands of variables, and I'm sure a great degree of noise and randomness. So when someone puts up 3 'test sites' and from that deduct that you should put your kw in a span in your h1 and put at least 51 lsi kw with a certain frequency distribution, as if it were organic chemistry, while it's more like numerology or vedic astrology, I just can't take is seriously.

I know people want it to be science, but it's really not. If you try to reverse engineer AI with thousands of data points, probably spend your time doing something more fruitful instead.

Make your site fast, add enough content, check page 1 competition for a rough idea of intent, smash it with links and traffic.

I wouldn't waste money on expensive tools that tell you to mention 'monkey' 48 times instead of 42. Rather focus on kw research and the big lines.

I haven't used Serpwoo for a few years, as I'm not focusing that much on SEO anymore, but it was good when I used it for kw tracking and parasites. New changes look good. Surfer and POP are too much like a one-trick pony for me.

I find it interesting though, that what I believe is a relatively small team (Serpwoo) can out-engineer a large well-funded company like Semrush, who have multiple offices and probably a staff count in the hundreds.

Last edited:
If you try to reverse engineer AI with thousands of data points, probably spend your time doing something more fruitful instead.

Thank god someone said it. There are tools claiming to have 10,000+ factors and it's just API calls.

The reality is on-page wise, there are probably two or three dozen elements that can be edited, updated, changed, or fixed. That's it.

What On-Page SEO tool should do is concentrate on simply the on-page factors, and if it can spit out "Hey there is a great correlation with adding this particular keyword in the H1 or H2 tags" - that's more useful than "this page has 20,000 tweets versus yours with nothing". WTF - how is anyone suppose to legitimately increase their tweets in 24 hours?

The critical thing with SW is we are only going to concentrate on those on-page factors that a user can edit and then see within 24-48 hours if there are ranking improvements or not.

But with any suggestions there are judgement call you have to make.

If you are a Pizza store with a single location, yet correlating factors come back that you should added X, Y, and Z cities to your content - don't. Ignore that factor.

It's about quick wins and seeing if you are missing any hugely glaring keywords, entities, and on-page SEO element. If a tool tells you to increase XYZ keyword from 20 to 25 - ehhhh that's something you can probably ignore.

BUT do you have the critical words that are all in the top 10 or top 3 on your page?

Example if a page about "SEO" exists on a site than that page should also use the words "search", "engine", "optimization" - individually or together - that's logical cause not all users know what "SEO" stands for.

It's about finding the glaring missing gaps, and should not be used as an "end-all-be-all" to complete SEO optimization.

Reactions: BCN
Semantic keywords tools are the only SEO tools I find really useful but then again, Google gives you that for free,

Late to the thread; but, to answer OP's question, I don't optimize content at all. We have like 60 writers in total over 13 languages. Their instructions are to write helpful content that answer's the searches' intent. That's all.

I have no idea why you guys are nerding out on on-page analysis. Google's intent is to display helpful pages. Make your page helpful and you'll rank, today, tomorrow, or eventually. That's it. Even outside of that, you will get traffic if your content is helpful.

You guys make things harder than it needs to.

@Philip J. Fry , the idea is that Google tests the relevancy/quality of your content against baseline levels that are already ranking. And that you can help a page pass the sniff test and get tested with traffic sooner.

You, maybe, are working with established authoritative sites that don't need that extra push to get the real traffic that tests dwell time.

I've seen good results with these tools. I found Cora to be too time intensive, I didn't like POPs pricing and now use Surfer. They have a committed dev team who respond to requests and roll out new functions cause they can. Bit like SW.

@Philip J. Fry , the idea is that Google tests the relevancy/quality of your content against baseline levels that are already ranking. And that you can help a page pass the sniff test and get tested with traffic sooner.

You, maybe, are working with established authoritative sites that don't need that extra push to get the real traffic that tests dwell time.

I've seen good results with these tools. I found Cora to be too time intensive, I didn't like POPs pricing and now use Surfer. They have a committed dev team who respond to requests and roll out new functions cause they can. Bit like SW.

Interesting. We did an in-house test back in February. We took 40 blog posts, 35 of them were in German and 5 of them were in English, and optimized the keywords that appeared on the page to match the frequency of those keywords on other pages in the top 20. We found that doing LSI optimization produced no better or worse results in terms of rankings as well as organic traffic to those pages.

Yeah, this might be something that helps new sites rank faster; but, IDK, that's not my approach to SEO as I view the advantage here to be so minuscule that I wouldn't go for it. I can just wait another 3 more months for my content to rank. It's no big deal. It's also much more time intensive to optimize content for LSI keywords. Our max output is 1,000 articles/week. Doing LSI optimization would probably cut that output in half.

Good luck though.

Back