Do you guys go to the gym to cool off?

Marc

Dreamer
BuSo Pro
Degree
Hey, this is a question I've been meaning to ask entrepreneurs for a long time :

Do you spend your entire day in the office/personal time or do you also go the gym to blow off some steam and get ripped in the process?

I've been reading a lot regarding fitness and nutrition lately, and 3 months ago I've started to follow a SL 5x5 routine by the letter, and my only wish is being able to work out more than 3 times a week. If you do work out, what is your routine, nutrition and motivation?

Trying to do it at least 3 times a week, it's not an easy task since I'm very busy but I believe that it's important and I think it affects my productivity

Trying to do it at least 3 times a week, it's not an easy task since I'm very busy but I believe that it's important and I think it affects my productivity
Affects your productivity in a good way/bad way? What are your routine and stats?

I go to the gym 5x a week, splitting the entire body across those days. I also do 200 crunches and run 2 miles each of those days.

I do it because health is a pre-requisite for everything. For thinking clearly, acting effectively, and being alive to enjoy the fruits of my efforts.

It boosts my productivity. Breaks always do.

You honestly dont need to be working out more than 3 times a week to build muscle/get ripped etc.

If you want to go more to destress you can but I've actually found 3-4 times a week is optimal for building muscle naturally, even when I was on gear I'd stick around 3 sessions per week.

I run 3 miles 5x a week. The plan is to burn off all my excess fat and then build up that muscle. I started at 225, down to 208, and my goal is 185. So far, no muscle mass has been loss - it's just fat coming off.

I looked into SL 5x5, but I'm really fucking awful with deadlift form. It kind of freaks me out that I can seriously fuck up my back if I do something wrong. I had scoliosis when I was a child, and I think the curvature of my spine makes getting into the right position really difficult. That, and my hamstrings are tighter than a virgin on prom night.

But yeah - to answer your question - I work 8am-5pm, go to the gym, then come back and work until 10pmish. The workout usually wakes me up and gives me the drive to bang out another few hours of work.

Affects your productivity in a good way/bad way? What are your routine and stats?

It affects my productivity in a good way, make me more relaxed and focus, regarding routine and stats:

1. 20 minutes on a elliptical trainer (around 2KM)
  2. Then two seesion each on 5-6 diffrent trainers working on: hands, cheats, legs...
  3. Another 10 minutes on a elliptical trainer (around 1KM)
Sometimes I've a good training and sometime bad, but overall I'm keep seeing progress in the long run.
I'm also eating Paleo which really helped me become better :smile:

I go to the gym 5 times a week for an hour of strength and 1 hour cardio, eating lean and healthy in the process naturally, maybe I'm a bit obssesd with my training but, I used to play sports professionally while also doing sales and marketing.

It helps my productivity and my focus plus it's a chance to blow my mind and look at things from a new perspective after a work out if I've been stuck

I find the gym is a sanctuary - I can escape the computer and just focus on lifting for an hour.

Focusing on my health and fitness has really helped me with general life too.

I've found that since I cut the booze, rebuilt my diet and started to drink more water I'm just a machine when the time comes to put in work.

I find the gym is a sanctuary - I can escape the computer and just focus on lifting for an hour.

Focusing on my health and fitness has really helped me with general life too.

I've found that since I cut the booze, rebuilt my diet and started to drink more water I'm just a machine when the time comes to put in work.
stats bro?

177cm/86kg:
  • Bench 1RM - 100kg (needs work)
  • Squat 1RM - 140kg
  • Deadlift 1RM - 130kg
What's everyone else lifting for the big 3?

177cm/86kg:
  • Squat 1RM - 140kg
  • Deadlift 1RM - 130kg

182cm/72kg:
  • Bench 5RM - 80kg
  • Squat 5RM - 50kg
  • Deadlift 5RM - 60kg

I'm aiming for a 100kg bench and 1.5x bodyweight on squats and deadlifts, that's why I started SL 5x5 last month ( my lower body is way behind upper body ), should probably get >100 in 1-2 months.

I've heard some really good things about SL 5x5 - I looked at it over on /r/fitness and think I would have started following the plan if my gym didn't have an offer on personal training.

I do at least 30 min of something physical ever day, 789 days in a row so far. No missing. Some days it is a battle. Quite the mind game.

Outside of that, I do strength training 4 days a week and spend the other 3 days playing for an hour (tennis, ultimate Frisbee,hand-ball, whatever). It is a good mental break and gives me another outlet to accomplish something if biz is full of suck that day/week/month.

Tons of benefits for me.

Couldn't agree with more this. If you can do SOMETHING EVERY SINGLE DAY then you will be fine. Doesn't have to be a 90 minute session at the gym or a 20km run, just something each day and you will feel 100% better guaranteed. Particularly for those of us that work on computers.

I do at least 30 min of something physical ever day, 789 days in a row so far. No missing. Some days it is a battle. Quite the mind game.

Outside of that, I do strength training 4 days a week and spend the other 3 days playing for an hour (tennis, ultimate Frisbee,hand-ball, whatever). It is a good mental break and gives me another outlet to accomplish something if biz is full of suck that day/week/month.

Tons of benefits for me.

Was finally able to do my morning work out session after 3 months of bronchitis/pneumonia. I just have powerlifting as a hobby and in terms of nutrition/diet I just try to stay as lean as possible. Only 2x a week, have a home-gym.

177cm/86kg:
  • Squat 1RM - 140kg
  • Deadlift 1RM - 130kg

5'8" (inb4 manlet) 195lbs

Bench 5RM: 275lbs
Squat 5RM: 410lbs
Deadlift 5RM: 420lbs (blazeit)

(no estat)

I have to lift at least 3-4 times a week or I start getting extremely frustrated and begin feeling stir-crazy. I do mindfulness meditation 15 minutes a day in addition to my lifting routine. Humans weren't meant to just sit inside on a computer and lifting is a great way to learn how your body works and strive for goals.

As for my goals, I do it since I plan on competing in a year and I also do it because sloots love glutes.

In my opinion if you are not doing something for your fitness you're leaving money on the table. Also, money and business isn't the only measure of success for me. I need to be in shape, I need to have friends and family around me, and I need to feel like I'm doing something of value for others as well.

I used to be myopic about money and business, especially during my poker days, but no longer. I'm finding that this adjusted outlook has raised my baseline happiness considerably, and business is growing in the meantime anyways :smile:

Every single day. Its the only way to focus for the rest of the day.

Back