Do Any of You Scrape for Public Proxies?

Degree
I used to own a piece of software that did this for me years ago but the guy quit supporting it, and all it did was reference a file of proxy site URLs it scraped. But it would constantly check them and get rid of the bad ones.

The question really is, how do you find the sites that supply proxies? And is there a way to find the proxies themselves instead of sites that find them and get whored out? I know there's something secret about scraping for the right port, but that's far above my pay grade. I have no clue what these things mean.

But I'd LOVE to have constant access to proxies at no charge... I know it's possible (while dealing with burnout and all that too though, there's always a downside).

Any advice or even just tips to lead me down the right path?

Let it be known henceforth that @emp has full reign to shamelessly plug blindeapeseo.com because it's a great resource.

If there's a trick to it I think people keep it close to their chests. I have bought them from some proxy##.com guy but he'd disappear for months at a time and it was a disaster.

Back