DNS Nameservers

Degree
Anyone know what to do in this situation....

My nameservers are hosted by my advertising partner. Yesterday, my site went down and I contacted the hosting company when it hadn't righted itself after a few hours.

They told me that before they'd look at the problem I'd need to point to their nameservers. They did this for me approx. 36 hours ago. About 1 hour after this the site was up and running again, so I switched back to the nameservers of my advertising partner.

Roll forward to now and the site is working but not a single ad is being displayed. The nameservers change is the only one that's been made to the website in that time.

What should I do... wait longer? Contact the advertising partner? Or?

Thanks!

What exactly is the setup here?

Is your advertising partner pointing their nameservers back to the IP address of your hosting company's server?

Or do you have two copies of the site, one on the advertising partner's server and one on your hosting company's server?

I don't exactly have a scent on the trail of what's happening but that added context might help others figure it out.

Also, yes, I'd go ahead and initiate contact with the advertising partner. Why wait, you know. Money is on the line.

Thank you!

I've dropped them a note to kick things off.

The setup is that my advertising partner is pointing their nameservers back to the IP address of my hosting company's server.

Will post on here if I get an update...

Ok, so it's finally resolved after almost 3 days of no ads.

My host for some reason thought my advertising partner was conducting a DoS attack. Problem solved by whitelisting all of their IP addresses.

Now, where was I...

Back