Disqus changing affiliate links?

So Disqus wants to change links in your content, but not allow you to change links in "their" content (which is your content that your users generated)...

That does sound sketchy.

It sounds like one of those setups where they join a million affiliate networks and overlay affiliate links for you and keep a cut of the sales.

They'd do better to focus on "related content" ad units and earn and sell CPC clicks.

So my question is, do you use Disqus? or normal WordPress comments? facebook comments?
Same question here.

Between what is discussed here, and other practices such as adding ads and charging to eliminate them, I think it's time to look for a substitute. What I don't know is whether to use WordPress comments or use an alternative.

I've used disqus for about three years. In September of this year I noticed that links on my site were being changed (they had "vglnk" added to them). I googled it and determined disqus was adding it to the site.
I turned it off in disqus via site>advanced>affiliate links . They also started adding lots of ads, which I turned off all except one.

I am now searching for a replacement that can hopefully keep the comment threads that I've accumulated.

I would never recommend disqus to anyone going forward.

Back