Directory style Website Design Idea

Degree
I want to create a real estate database site for huge apartment complexes, what you call "condos" in the us
There might also be address based single homes as well, but 95% will be apartment complexes with anywhere from 100 to 5000 units per apartment complex.

Look at zricks dot com for a simple version and magicbricks.com for more complex version.

I want to create a page for each "Apartment complex", with several information blocks and even sub pages

I want to also have a listings page, not a simple search listing, but proper listing with lots of info

I would also like to have an option for Real estate agents to list themselves as well as their listing.

Are there any trusted scripts that I can used to mod it? More like a CMS system since it will basically be statics listings with some elements.

Would I be pulling out my hair if I tried to do this with something like elementor?

I didn't ask the option of coding from scratch because there already are tons of sites like that.

i don't have the budget to hire a couple of full time programmer. I want to do it as a way to learn to code a web app as well.

What would be your approach?

This could be done in Wordpress but I absolutely wouldn't be using a page builder. This would be massive amounts of custom fields and stuffed into custom templates. This way all of the pages would be uniform with the same data and it'd be easy to create the pages by pasting text into the fields. I'd might be thinking about custom post types too depending on the needs.

Alternatively, I'd consider making my own CMS with Laravel. I'm sure others could argue for other methods too. I just like PHP and MySQL.

If I didn't have the skills to mod Wordpress or build something with Laravel, I'd probably be looking for some kind of Real Estate CMS like Open Real Estate or Realty Soft Pro. I've not used either nor know nothing about their reputation. They turned up with a quick Google search though.

I would use Django as I code in Python primarily, but you should pick a framework in whatever language you're comfortable with.

PHP => Laravel,
Python => Django,
Ruby => Rails,
JS/Node => Express ...

I would strongly advise against using Wordpress for this.

It's really not intended for these types of sites - it will be an uphill battle for even trivial stuff like permalinks. It also crams all the data into a posts meta table, while using one the above, you can model it properly.

If you build anything beyond a blog or typical content site, I would drop Wordpress. I know you can use it for many types of sites, but it's messy. I feel like many people only know how to mod Wordpress ... "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail", or something like that.

I would use Django as I code in Python primarily, but you should pick a framework in whatever language you're comfortable with.

PHP => Laravel,
Python => Django,
Ruby => Rails,
JS/Node => Express ...
Can you tell me which will be better, PHP Laravel or Python Django, and why? Pros and cons

Can you tell me which will be better, PHP Laravel or Python Django, and why? Pros and cons
It just depends on what you're comfortable with. I like Django, because I code mainly in Python. If you like PHP, do Laravel.

I'm more familiar with the Python ecosystem, so I can code faster and better in Python than PHP. I also have a lot of the boilerplate in Docker, with workers and task queues set up.

If it was the other way around, I'd do Laravel. There's nothing, basically, one can do that the other can't.

Personally, I love laravel.

If you have no traffic at the moment, go with something where you can launch fast.

If you have traffic, write down your features that your site needs. (I would go here with something php related as devs are quite cheap, compared to rails, django etc)

i don't have the budget to hire a couple of full time programmer. I want to do it as a way to learn to code a web app as well.

What would be your approach?

The approach best suited for one person may not be best suited for another person. Here is my suggestion:

Do not use third party frameworks or libraries. "Code the web app" yourself. If you can't find answers to questions, search online.

By the time you are done, or by the time you give up, you will learn a lot about your strengths and weaknesses. More importantly, it will help you identify the approach best suited for you.

So... you're creating another https://www.apartments.com/ ?

I mean... you could but, if you do, you gotta make your USP better than theirs.

I really don't know how you're going to beat them, especially on your own, without proper funding or a tech background.

So... you're creating another https://www.apartments.com/ ?

I mean... you could but, if you do, you gotta make your USP better than theirs.

I really don't know how you're going to beat them, especially on your own, without proper funding or a tech background.
It is for a City. And it is not the same as how Apartments work in the US. There are new apartment addresses all the time and it is for sale 100% and I am already generating leads for buyers. Since we are doing lead gen making mini sites, and good quality videos, I thought of making a site with at least pages for all the apartment complexes so I can get SEO done slowly build on authority etc. It doesn't necessarily have to have all the features of Apartments.com More like a page for each apartment that i can rank, and a listing of "Apartments + Keyword(s) + location + Keyowrd(s)", with a CTA and short form to start

Back