Deals section and ranking for keywords

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
So I've been experimenting with some code and different plug-ins to pull in different products that are currently on sale

I want to add this to my current authority site. Now the question is could these deals actually rank for keywords since there won't be much content?

I suppose I could right a review and have a best price type of comparison from multiple vendors

What are your thoughts?

If you’re talking about one-off, time sensitive deals then probably not a great target for ranking individually - though could be great email/social marketing material.

If you’re talking about an ongoing aggregation of deals, then targeting “deals on product type” keywords might work.

Your review idea... well that’s been done 1000x over in the “best products” space, right?

Seems like you’re looking for a shortcut for some easy rankings, am I right? What new value are you trying to provide to the space you’re marketing in, if any?

Very relevant as I'm doing exactly the same thing.

What I plan on doing is incorporating "cheap" and "discount" into my "best" landing pages if that makes sense. I'll just get like top 5 best deals under a "Cheap Widget" subheader. I'll update this automatically using plugin/code, so that I'll always have the best deals there and I get the deals by feeds.

Then I'll add more of these deals under my "Vendor" landing page, where I also have stuff like reviews and info. "Deals from Widget Corp right now". Lastly, I'll ad an entire "Cheap Widgets" page, which will only have the deals themselves. I suppose there's a risk of cannibalization here, but as far as content, you can add that below the deals. I do think ideally, that "Cheap" and "Deals" should be separate from "Test", "Review" and "Best".

If you’re talking about one-off, time sensitive deals then probably not a great target for ranking individually - though could be great email/social marketing material.

If you’re talking about an ongoing aggregation of deals, then targeting “deals on product type” keywords might work.

Your review idea... well that’s been done 1000x over in the “best products” space, right?

Seems like you’re looking for a shortcut for some easy rankings, am I right? What new value are you trying to provide to the space you’re marketing in, if any?
Yes I'm adding it to the site as a feature, not intended to be the main cointent

Back