Curious Thought... Snippet Apps in Google Search

BoxF

ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ɹnoʎ ǝɓuɐɥɔ
Degree
Google has been getting more and more annoying in the application space by including tools directly into Google search and essentially cutting out the sites offering those tools.

Example: Mortgage Calculator

mortgage-calc.png

I get it Google. WE GET IT GOOGLE!

giphy.gif

So with that, my mind goes straight to the good 'ol "Feedback" tool in Google which many of us have exploited in Google maps to remove listings or manipulate other people's listing information.

So... Why can't we do the same here? Surely it's not manually monitored and Mr. Efficient Google has an application running the placement of these...

What does Google have to say..

google-feedback.png

"More info helps us decide what to change. We won’t reply to you directly, but we’ll use the info you send to fix issues and improve search results."

So here's the idea...

hmm.png
1.) Mine search Volume for Keyword Calculator is present​
2.) Document 5% of search volume​
3.) Reverse Proxy Network with enough connections for 5% value​
4.) Rand(100000,500000)ms connection​
5.) "This isn't useful" Action Performed​
6.) .....​
Outcome

37257320.jpg

Do you think spamming the no helpful feedback will pragmatically remove the web application, or even change the source it's pulling from?

But BoxF, It's not being pulled from anywhere!

bmi-calculator.png

Doing some quick looking, I couldn't find many pointing to external sources but here's one that is!

Has anyone run tests similar to this? If so, let's create a discussion! I'm super curious to hear what you guys think and if it's at all feasible.

All the best.

tenor.gif

I don't get it, how is having a mortgage calculator within the SERPs not helpful for the end user?

CCarter, appreciate the comment! The mortgage calculator was just an example, my concept is seeing if there is a way to forge user feedback in order to get Google to temporarily or semi-perminantly remove their web application in order to force a spike to your 1st position result (even momentarily will result in some epic gains).

Pardon any brevity, on mobile.

This is back to the fun days of SEO. But I'd have to guess that Google probably exempts their own tools from that "this SERP sucks" report. They're collecting enough data in other ways for their algorithms to know they're being played in that way. In the case of tools being pulled from other sites (which is really dirty of them), it might work.

The real question is if this is worth your time. I doubt it. And there's no guarantee you won't benefit a competitor instead. Even if you shuffle the SERP for a little while, it's going to get fixed. I do understand your point about having a quick windfall though.

Future, great response! Yeah this is more just a curious thought as my mind navigates back to the old ways of doing things.

I'm more curious to get clear lines in the sand for what's possible and not possible in the SERPs (also, completely agree about how dirtbagish that is). For a search result that one can be completely removed (even just for a few hours) would create some juicy CTR increases for the top 3 results. Adsense galore!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
For the time aspect, I dedicate hours to R&D in the fringe side of SEO weekly so this isn't a concern for me.

Back