Creating a YouTube version of published articles

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Do you think it would be beneficial to create a YouTube version of the popular guides on your site?

Parrtialy yes.
What I would do is either break the guide up in a part 1 and a part 2 if it is possible then make a video version of part 1 with a call to action to go to your site to get part 2, preferably with a opt in and then either send them to the guide or deliver it in pdf.

Then I would upload the video guide on YT as well as vimeo,dailymotion etc.
Then I would make slides out of the video and upload them to various slidesharing services and even you gdrive and make public do some light seo for it.
then make a podcast out of it and just like before upload it where ever possible.

then take the part 1 guide and post it on forums stating that it is a partial guide and then a link to your website, most forums will be okay with this as long as it is valuble content you provide.

Then write a summary of the guide and post it on Reddit etc.

Parrtialy yes.
What I would do is either break the guide up in a part 1....
That was too fast and on point. in addition to what you've said, overwhelming information can cause your website visitors to go away or they get all what they've been looking for and they don't need to be back to your website again.

Information you deliver should be cut in separated segments and categorized in a way like you small spoon feeding a baby. To keep your visitors back again. Like email marketers when they want to do an up sell and guarantee more conversion in that process, they push on each day a couple of informative email until they answer all what it's important, then they push the offer.

I'm not as expert as you, this method I tested it myself people flee when they face an overwhelm of information, or they have full satisfaction from what you've shared (Perfect article, video, forum topic...).

I am planning on starting a YouTube channel next year to serve as a creative outlet while still having the potential to make money. I plan to redo some of my tutorial articles as I have lost count of the number of requests I have received for video versions of my content.

I'm starting to move over to the "If a picture paints 1000 words then a video paints 1,000,000" style of thinking.

Back