cPHulk: Countries Whitelist and Blacklist

Degree
Logged into WHM just now and saw this:

cPHulk: Countries Whitelist and Blacklist
cPHulk now has the ability to whitelist or blacklist specific countries via the Countries Management tab in WHM’s “cPHulk Brute Force Protection” interface.

So for all you builders who have WHM and say "I want to block X country because I can't make money off them" - now it's just as easy as clicking the "Blacklisted" radio button.

I just blocked India (IN) so we'll see how it goes.

I imagine that'll help some but I also know that a lot, and by lot I mean "metric fuckton," of that kind of activity originates from Amazon AWS IP addresses. That's something else you'll want to look into if you're getting hammered with DDOS or Brute Force slammed.

Amazon AWS IP addresses

Actually I talk a bit within the SEO tools group buy thread about how you can block Amazon across the board. All these companies have their IP addresses published and go out of their way to give you their IP ranges so you CAN block bad bots originating from their operations:

Just be careful with blocks cause sometimes you might block a person who is assigned to approve your website into their network (think Amazon or an affiliate company that outsources their approval workforce to certain countries).

Back