Content Syndication Strategy

Degree
Hey
I own a personal finance blog and I've been fortunate enough to cross paths with a blogger in my niche who is killing it with content syndication.
I am now in a position where I can regularly produce guest posts for him, which in turn, get syndicated to huge sites like MSN, Yahoo, Credit, ShareWise, MarketWatch, SouthFloridaReporter, etc, etc.
The beauty is, my guest posts usually get published as is - meaning I land some beautiful backlinks for inner pages to my site.

The Strategy:

I am currently launching a B2B SaaS growth marketing Newsletter which will also funnel clients to our content marketing agency. I have a number of link-building strategies ready to implement - but my plan is to build a network of these syndication partners for the content we produce on the blog.
Because the content will have no SEO focus, it means we can produce some really interesting "syndication bait" type articles - and include links to clients' sites - and in doing so, earn them super valuable backlinks from all the partners that syndicate it.
The more partners we get, the more valuable this becomes as a link-building proposition.

My Question:

Has anyone else utilized this seemingly underused tactic, and if so, how have you gone about finding the right people to connect with to develop these syndication arrangements?
I would love to connect with anyone that can help me, and in turn, possibly collaborate in building a super-network of Marketing/Business/Growth/SaaS websites that want to syndicate our awesome content.
I believe this could really be a game-changer in building effective links and could be a vehicle for fast client link building, content marketing, growth, and needle-moving results.

I had asked about a similar thing in another thread. Ran into the iwriter syndication service the other day. Basically they will take your article and syndicate it on a bunch of blogs.

They provide this sample report of the type of places they will syndicate your article out to:
https://seocampaignreport.com/order/report/1681812/04d55a0680

which, to my surprise, if you run it through the MOZ api, have decent DA/PA
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1exQ87n7Gk56Nwyq8WiBSmJmeyUJ8VD7_mvmteAH8P3Q

My question is, if you syndicated an article with a service like this, and the article included a link to your site, would this benefit you? Or would the fact that its a syndicated article somehow "downgrade" the link power, or even harm your site if done at a large scale. (I'm assuming you could get google to index all the syndicated versions of the article)

This isn't really the sort of thing I was talking about.

The places that services like iWriter will syndicate to are basically just syndication farms - and will do little by way of improving your authority.

If, however, you are able to syndicate to highly authoritative sites, like Entrepreneur.com - then the possibilities are very exciting.

That's what I am working on, and actually starting to make some headway with syndication partners.

It's all about tactical outreach.

LinkedIn seems to be where the party is...

The places that services like iWriter will syndicate to are basically just syndication farms - and will do little by way of improving your authority.
thats what I thought too, until I ran the places they syndicate to through a link analysis, some good authority here... or do you think the numbers are faked?

thats what I thought too, until I ran the places they syndicate to through a link analysis, some good authority here... or do you think the numbers are faked?
I did a site: check on Google for the first 3 links in the report. None were indexed. Ahref's might report tons of "domain authority" but if it's not in Google's index, the actual authority and weight of the backlink is non-existant. I'm sure there's a reason for this and not just that GoogleBot hasn't crawled it yet. These webmasters must have no-index or blocked GoogleBot from these type of webpages on their site.

As for the OP, the key is to write good content and be an expert in the niche. What was the discussion in the niche about so far? How can you add your voice to it? If you can add a unique, original, interesting perspective on the conversation, you can get your stories covered. No scheme required.

Also, many sites such as HuffPost simply requite that you pitch them a good idea for a story. If it's unique, original, and cool, you can get your content on HuffPost. That's all they want. Original, good quality writing is how you get your writing syndicated, covered, and linked to.

I'm hearing more and more about sites syndicating to MSN and other sites, but actually earning revenue from them.

So for example:
1. publish to mysite.io
2. syndicates to MSN ~somehow~ with a canonical to my site
3. MSN generates ad revenue and splits a % with myself as the content owner
4. I also get some referrals out of it

Can anyone tell me more about this? Is it as simple as submitting via https://pubhub.bing.com/?

....seems there's not a great deal of quality control: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/test-please-do-not-publish-thank-you/ar-AA16iczy

Last edited:
Back