Content is King

Degree
Where do you guys get your content from? I use iNeedArticles but the quality isn't fantastic for a money site. I'm always trying to keep my costs as low as possible but I find that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys as far as content goes.

Where do you guys get your content from? I use iNeedArticles but the quality isn't fantastic for a money site. I'm always trying to keep my costs as low as possible but I find that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys as far as content goes.
I use Upwork, it's quite easy to find a good native English writer who is just starting out and will write for $20 per 1000 words.

After a while they usually want to increase their prices as they gain experience. That's when you look for someone else starting out.

I used iWriter for a while, but I was rejecting about 90% of the articles on the lower 3 tiers. It was too much hassle.

I get contents from EpicWrite. They have three level content writer, so easy to get contents based on our needs.

For generalized content where niche-expertise isn't required, I use WordAgents as well. Stackcash and his team have never failed me over the past 5 years or so.

My current niche requires too much technical or insider knowledge about it, so for experts I've been going to Upwork. It's a much greater pain in the butt than working with an agency like WordAgents, who I still use to fill up the blog on my site, where the posts are more casual. They knock everything out of the park unless you're asking them for stuff like "write about quantum field theory" which isn't economical for anyone but an expert.

I've had horrible results with content factories like Textbroker and the like.

For generalized content where niche-expertise isn't required, I use WordAgents as well. Stackcash and his team have never failed me over the past 5 years or so.

My current niche requires too much technical or insider knowledge about it, so for experts I've been going to Upwork. It's a much greater pain in the butt than working with an agency like WordAgents, who I still use to fill up the blog on my site, where the posts are more casual. They knock everything out of the park unless you're asking them for stuff like "write about quantum field theory" which isn't economical for anyone but an expert.

I've had horrible results with content factories like Textbroker and the like.

How hard is it to find an expert on Upwork? Do you have to test a lot of writers before you find someone who is a true expert on the subject?

I also recommend against Textbroker. Services like that are designed for enterprise-level budgetary waste for the purposes of "checking the box" that a particular service need has been filled.

How hard is it to find an expert on Upwork? Do you have to test a lot of writers before you find someone who is a true expert on the subject?

You'll read a lot about people putting a job out there and then sorting through applicants, and the little hoops you can jump them through to see if they even read directions closely, etc.

I usually create my job and then hunt around and invite specific people I see on there. I'm paying pretty well so it wasn't hard to gain access to people who had written their master's thesis on the topic or are a senior editor on a big site (that was a person I went with recently because they knew the ropes and already had ton of examples on his profile).

At that point, if you can give them consistent work they can depend upon and predict like clockwork, they don't tend to disappear on you.

I think a big part of it is short-listing and inviting people you chose from the pool, versus only choosing from those that applied to the job. And also going for the high pay people who are obviously in it for a real income and not testing the waters or trying to under-price everyone else and will burn out due to having to take on a higher volume of work.

Sometimes the best content is the one that you create. You already know what you want to write about or deliver.

If you don't have the time to create the content, I would say draft up a prototype of whatever that content is. Let the person on UpWork do a bit of changes on it and add their own flair to the content.

I've had decent success finding writers on Reddit. You want to write your post and your private messages in a way that cuts out most of the bullshit you'll have to deal with, and quickly move communication off of Reddit and onto email or whatever you prefer. Start with r/forhire, but there are other sub-reddits you can check out.

One bonus of Reddit is that you can go through someone's post history and see if there are any red flags.

When I don't write my own content (Grammarly definitely helps) I use Textbroker. you can find good writers at level 4 and up and then send them direct orders. Open orders on text broker can be a hit or miss.

I have been using Upwork for sometime now and have been pretty content with it. I have used both native English and non-native English writers. I like to stick to using native English writers, the editing is minimal.

I see no one has mentioned it, but ProBlogger job board is pretty decent: https://problogger.com/jobs/.

I would say these writers are more on the expensive side and niche experts if that is what you are looking for. A lot of writers responded with 0.05 - 0.1 per word pay request. So if you are looking for someone cheap this is probably not the place.

upwork and freelancer. I use a tip I got off BHW - Ask a couple of questions (preliminary) to rule out bots, then ask for a 300 word sample for free (they will do it) and make the topic very difficult. You will be able to find someone this way easily!

Asking for a free sample will get you banned on Upwork. Plus it's a shitty thing to do. If they do work for you, pay them. If you can't afford to pay them, then do the work yourself until you can afford it.

Another vote for @stackcash here. Superb quality, well researched content with mindfulness toward seo practices (so it's not overdone but includes synonyms/etc)

I use Upwork, but if I need really good writers I post a job on the ProBlogger job boards. Costs $70 bucks, stays for a month and you get lots of great applications. Just make sure you put an easter egg or two in your application to help shortlist....or you'll spend hours going through applications (I always ask them to answer a question in uppercase)

I pay anywhere between 4c-7c word for my writers. And the content is fucking good. On top of that, I use an editor to make sure everything is perfect. I hate having to suggest changes to content. At scale, it will take up all of your time.

BUT, more and more i'm starting to realise that graphics are more important than content. So I'd suggest budgeting for custom graphics to be made for your posts, even if that means getting a writer that is a tad cheaper to allow for it. If you're using that content for outreach to get links, this is even more important. Most people just skim read and article, so if there is some kickass imagery - usually they'll be impressed. AND, niche permitting, you can also use these graphics to get Pinterset traffic :smile:

I use Upwork most of the time for money site content, but I've also found success on the cult of copy job board on facebook

One more vote for Upwork. But you have to be willing to pay for quality, especially if you are looking for someone with industry specific knowledge.

Another tip, look at niche specific forums and find someone who is active and really knows what they are talking about - these people are generally easy to spot. I run a website dealing with some government services and I found someone from the City Data forums! The breadth of knowledge this person possesses in this area still blows me away to this day and they didn't cost a pretty penny either.

I would suggest trying iwriter if you're short on cash. They are on the cheap side if you buy Elite level content. You may need to reject some writers, but eventually you will get content from a good writer that is trying to reach Elite Plus level.

Back