Introductions Thread

@Pagey I am curious about what you may mean by helping an experienced marketer. I’m sorry but I’m so new to some of this I require a more specific explanation but i learn quickly after it’s clear to me. Where could I find out more about something like this?

@lion1978 I may have stumbled here had I not been searching for something so maybe you did help more than you realize… it’s been good for me. It’s a huge learning curve but I’ve been absorbing all the advice I’ve been given and read so far.

You have all the qualifications to be a great writer.

An English teacher with knowledge in parenting, arts&crafts, and cooking is a good combo to start a writing journey.

For example, someone that owns a site about sewing could really use someone like you to create quality content for their website.

Hey Fam,

Found ya'all on r/juststart. This community looks amazing so I had to signup.

I am a software engineer who has dabbled in online marketing and ecommerce for a long time on the side. I currently have a few FBA businesses that do about 200K each in sales (but margins are horrible) there is a lot of active management and Amazon can be evil so I am going to get back into building content-related sites.

Happy to be here and learn from you all!

BuilderDan!

For me, content-related sites gave steady revenue in the past, but it was lower in terms of revenue per visitor. I am sure you have a plan. Good luck.

Yes, I hear you.
Fba is a big time pita.
I intend on building some software / applications that I hope are very link worthy on my sites to assist with getting that sexy link juice

Hello all,

I'm new to the site but I've been marketing online for several years.
Just recently started freelancing and doing some work with an SEO agency.

Looking to learn and share my experiences, and help someone else out as well.

Welcome, @KemKem8. What have you been involved in in the past several years of your online marketing experience? Were you building sites for yourself? How are you enjoying the SEO agency work?

I began building sites back in 2010 I had some insurance sites that were doing pretty good and got hit with the first Panda/Penguin slap in 2011. It's been a love-hate relationship with SEO and digital marketing ever since...lol. Agency work is good enjoying the experience.

How about you Ryuzaki? What is your Digital Marketing focus? How are things going?

Hey everyone, I just recently stumbled upon Builder Society through a subreddit /r/seogrowth & thought about checking it out.

Read some posts & got quite hooked. How long has this thing been running?

Glad to have you, @deadcoder0904. I think BuSo has been since 2014 according to the footer anyways. It’s been a while!

@KemKem8 how do you find agency work in general? I was a software engineer at an agency and it was all about churning through as much client work as possible with little focus on quality.

Networking on Linkedin has worked well for me so far. I created a portfolio website displaying case studies, sites I built, performed SEO, or managed PPC campaigns, etc.

Hi, old-timer here. I used to play around with SEO and Blogspot sites almost two decades ago, learnt most of it from a guy who called Grizzly Bear (anyone remembers him? makemoneyonlineforbeginners.blogpot.com). I ranked for a couple of keywords with my free blog site on the first page of Google, just by following his advice, made $50 after 6 months using google Adsense and sort of paled off after that, due to life and responsibilities that kinda got in the way #sigh.
Anyway, after kicking myself in the nuts for not sticking with it back then and talking myself into giving it another shot, I'm trying to make a comeback (like an old boxer lol). Found this amazing forum after reading an amazing blog post by, Vincent D'Eletto (How a Single Niche Site Generated Over $690,000 in Under 2 Years). So I'm here on his advice and I'm liking the forum topics so far. I must say that I have much to learn and the sheer volume of stuff looks daunting but I'm hopeful that a place like this will help. Looking forward to the positives and building some good friendships here.

Grizzly Bear (anyone remembers him?
Dude, I loved Grizzly Bear so much. He kept changing domains, disappearing, coming back, disappearing again. He was my favorite SEO blogger by far. Not because he had great info or anything. He just had great journals.

Vincent D'Eletto (How a Single Niche Site Generated Over $690,000 in Under 2 Years)
Vin is on here as @stackcash and that AMA thread him and @ddasilva did is here in case you wanted to see it and couldn't find it: https://www.buildersociety.com/thre...90-000-in-under-2-years-ask-us-anything.2452/

Dude, I loved Grizzly Bear so much. He kept changing domains, disappearing, coming back, disappearing again. He was my favorite SEO blogger by far. Not because he had great info or anything. He just had great journals.

Vin is on here as @stackcash and that AMA thread him and @ddasilva did is here in case you wanted to see it and couldn't find it: https://www.buildersociety.com/thre...90-000-in-under-2-years-ask-us-anything.2452/
Yeah, Griz was an SEO ninja in his day. Good to know that Vin is here. Thanks for the info and reminiscing with me about Griz.

Hi, old-timer here. I used to play around with SEO and Blogspot sites almost two decades ago, learnt most of it from a guy who called Grizzly Bear (anyone remembers him? makemoneyonlineforbeginners.blogpot.com). I ranked for a couple of keywords with my free blog site on the first page of Google, just by following his advice, made $50 after 6 months using google Adsense and sort of paled off after that, due to life and responsibilities that kinda got in the way #sigh.
Anyway, after kicking myself in the nuts for not sticking with it back then and talking myself into giving it another shot, I'm trying to make a comeback (like an old boxer lol). Found this amazing forum after reading an amazing blog post by, Vincent D'Eletto (How a Single Niche Site Generated Over $690,000 in Under 2 Years). So I'm here on his advice and I'm liking the forum topics so far. I must say that I have much to learn and the sheer volume of stuff looks daunting but I'm hopeful that a place like this will help. Looking forward to the positives and building some good friendships here.
Awesome! This forum is a great place. I think you do just great jumping back in. That article sounds like a good read, I'll have to give a look.

I discovered the 30 day crash course 3 years ago, and got about 15 days into it when my mom had a stroke, the day after I graduated college. With the pressure to start working, I felt complete and utter dread of heading to a cubicle (I went to business school) so I ended up moving in China and teach English.

I went to Taiwan right before COVID to study Mandarin, and then when the world shut down I found myself in, like, the safest place in the world. What proceeded was a very emotionally scarring, alcoholic year of international alienation and corona fear. I had my first experience with capital A Alcoholism, after years of drug addictions and mental health crises.

Anyways, I recently came back to the states, and fortunately I've been able to work on my health (and get vaxxed). I always had a nagging feeling to come back to BS and here I am. Older, humbled, but stronger and hungrier. And, importantly, I feel I've a much clearer picture of what I really want from life. This place is still very new to me, and this is my first post, so I'll just say that I'm grateful to you all and this amazing community asset.

Time to get to work! We are glad to have you join the community. At the beginning, it is certainly worth documenting your journey and setting goals. However, the absolute best thing is putting the initial work in to get started and creating your digital asset(s).

You have the ability to create financial freedom for yourself by putting in the time and executing the plan. The resources are here to succeed. Start building!

Time to get to work! We are glad to have you join the community. At the beginning, it is certainly worth documenting your journey and setting goals. However, the absolute best thing is putting the initial work in to get started and creating your digital asset(s).

You have the ability to create financial freedom for yourself by putting in the time and executing the plan. The resources are here to succeed. Start building!
thanks for the warm welcome! I agree; the best thing to do is just next task in front of you.

I've been working on securing some essential assets for my project, however I wanted to just start posting here somehow. Just dipping my toes in, just entering the party where I know no one. But I've always been more successful when there's a sense of accountability wrt your goals.

Hey buddy, welcome to the forum, sounds like you've overcome some real adversity so dealing with internet marketing clownery should be comparably easy.

Hey buddy, welcome to the forum, sounds like you've overcome some real adversity so dealing with internet marketing clownery should be comparably easy.
Thanks mate. I do appreciate that insight: that web marketing clownery is a relative stroll in the park compared to the majority of my adult life...

Yo..

Been playing the affiliate game since 2007, but only in my local language (Denmark). Also been doing seo works for some big international companies in Denmark.

Lots of ups and downs.. Panda, Penguin, ect..

The last few years My local market has become crazy competetive and im finding it more and more attractive to switch to a display ads business model.

But the amount of traffic in Denmark is not enough for me and also the cpm is often quite low.

So.. I made the decession to try out the english speaking market. Which of course does not make a lot of sense, since My english is quite bad.

But I am hoping My technical skills and seo knowledge will save me.

I started My first site in english and I am slowly building up content (outsourced)..

Planning to invest 2000$ in content each month and try this for a year or two, to see if i can Get international success.

Joined this forum to learn about the us market and display ads and maybe share some of my seo knowledge.

Hey guys,

My name is orb, and I have been lurking this forum for some time now.

I appreciate all the information that has been shared, in particular the users who have shared their case studies.

I have been doing SEO and building out affiliate websites for quite a few years now.

Recently, I have been working on building out an expired domain and would like to share some insights from my journey so far.

Looking forward to joining the community.

200w.gif

Welcome aboard, glad to have you posting rather than lurking. I'm excited to see what you have to share with us.

Hi all - Not sure how I discovered these forums, but been lurking for a bit and enjoying the conversation.

I'm currently in the ending stages of building out a SAAS product, soon to launch, after about 8 months of writing code.

In a previous job, I ran project management for web dev and SEO at a small agency.

Interested in learning and diving deeper into SEO, looking forward to learning from everyone.

Back