Introductions Thread

Degree
Hi, everyone. This is @The Engineer (the admin of the forum) speaking. I've hijacked our first ever indvidual "Intro Thread" to create an official "Introductions Thread".

New Members​

Feel free to tell us about yourself. A good introduction includes:
  • Some info about yourself such as who you are, where you're from, how old you are, and anything of that nature you don't feel the need to keep private.
  • Your experience with internet marketing and business building in general.
  • Your current projects you're working on or plan on working on.
  • Why you're doing this, what your goals are, what your desires are, and so forth.
One-sentence introductions will be deleted. Two-sentence introductions will probably be deleted. Please put forth the slightest amount of effort if you're going to post. Thanks, and we're glad to have you.

Intro Thread History​

Once upon a time we had a separate sub-forum tucked away in the Orientation room where people could post an introduction. We had to pull our hair and teeth out to get people to actually say anything about themselves. Over time it became an endless stream of zero-effort, one sentence threads we'd delete as soon as we saw them.

To tighten up the forum, clean up the indexation, and dissuade people from posting garbage (which is always our main priority), I'm moving every single introduction thread and response into this one thread that is now stickied in the Orientation room (as of July 22nd, 2022). If any nonsense introduction is posted, it will at least be contained to this one thread, where it can be cleaned up much more easily.

Not that I expect anyone to go back to the beginning and read it, but people didn't always quote the response they were replying to, so some of the conversation may not flow exactly as you'd expect, especially if more than one intro thread was active at a time. Posts may get slightly out of order. But the new posts will make perfect sense. We need to keep the old posts so members don't lose the likes and post counts they worked to accumulate.

--------- Original Post Begins Below -----------

Hey builders I'm Patrick or Pat and I'm somewhere in the middle with this online stuff. I've been at it a while but I haven't reached the levels of success that I'm hoping for but I know I'll get there.

I've decided I'm going to be successful, it's a foregone conclusion, it's going to happen. It's just a matter of networking, working hard, and getting there. I know this community will be able to help with at least one of those - so here we are :smile:

Thanks for having me.

I forgot to say that I really like the style of this forum. It will take me a minute or two to get used to but it feels a lot more modern than all the other marketing forums I've joined.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Mods! He's double posting to get out of the Training Center faster!

Just Kidding :D

Welcome to the forum. It's all still new and being worked on. Getting locked into this forum section actually just happened since my last visit, which was a few days ago. Things are likely to get better. I noticed the Icons on the homepage are now all different, which looks great.

I don't know how things looked before but it's looking great now.

I joined because there were less than 15 members and I've never been on a forum that was just getting started before.

I don't know how things looked before but it's looking great now.

I joined because there were less than 15 members and I've never been on a forum that was just getting started before.

I've been on a ton of forums, and several when they first began. There's always a rough period for them to catch on and start growing, then there is the amazingly fun period where there's enough people for tons of activity to keep it moving, but not so many that everyone is somewhat anonymous. But past that stage, you've got a better chance to be one of the more recognized posters if you start at the beginning! So stick around :smile:

I guess this is the official introduction thread? I'm treating as such:

Hi. My username is SteelBlue (here at least, never use the same username all around the internet). I keep hip-hopping across all of these SEO forums and they all are okay in some ways in suck in a lot of ways. Vernon showed me this one. I'm signing up so it's in my LastPass so I won't forget to come back. I'll check back later and hope it pops off. I'll try to start a thread or two to help the cause. I hope this one ends up rocking, unlike so many others. I've been in SEO for about a year and a half, hoping to go full time soon. People, don't get married or have kids, maybe not even pets. You'll go full time sooner :D lol

Hey whats up I'm new here but I guess we all are at this point.

This forum looks cool, I've been into content marketing for a long time but I think think it's cool how you guys make sure everyone starts off with a few posts in the newbie section, it will ensure that people who know what they're doing can help out a bit before heading into the main forum, and because of that the newbies will always have someone around here to answer their questions without willing up the main areas with stuff like "How do I install Wordpress" or "Should I use a - in my domain name?" Smart idea.

To anyone who is just getting started - I'm going to keep an eye on this newbies section long after I have reached 3 posts so don't be shy to answer questions. Maybe I'll even be a moderator someday :surprised: (Shameless plug, sorry. But watch... I'll earn it.)

Hi, BANG. I also just joined.

I got really deep into content marketing at one point when that was THE THING to do. Remember the golden days of EzineArticles? I can't believe how much traffic I used to pull from that site, not to mention the backlinks. Social is the new Ezine for sure.

Hello everyone, I'm ConversionKing. Don't get all excited. I call myself that because conversion optimization is my favorite part of earning online. I'm not an actual royalty. DUH.

People leave so much money on the table by not optimizing their conversions on the sites they already have with the traffic they already have. That's where I feel like I shine.

Sounds like we have a nice assortment of people here. We can learn a lot from each other. Plenty of money out there for all of us!

Hi, Bang. This is your intro post but you really didn't say anything about yourself! How long have you been an internet marketer? What's your specialty in terms of monetization? How many sites do you run? Big or small?

Hey everyone, I'm ColdHardCash87. I was born in 1987 if you didn't guess, which means I've been around computers since the early days, but not quite as early as some of you guys might have been.

I got into SEO in college and kind of used it as a justification when I wanted to drop out. College sucked and I felt like it was just another hoop to jump through and waste money instead of starting an adult life. So now I'm working a shit 9-5 (i know i know) while trying to make this SEO thing happen.

I was doing really well with my micro-niche empire for a while until Penguin came around and screwed me over. It seems like the same thing happened to a lot of people. I jumped ship on that model and now have about 5 bigger sites I'm working on while still trying to maintain some of the smaller sites that were salvagable. This is already too much work for me. I can't wait till I can afford to outsource most of the work. Buying good links is expensive, so I'm tiering a lot of spam at the moment. I know better than to go direct now. Damn penguins!

I'm kind of at ground zero again but things are trying to pick up. I feel positive. Wish me luck!

Hi I'm Trin, mother of 3 in my 30's. I'm going to make a website and make money from it. That's the plan anyway. Hopefully I can find some help here. Wish me luck!

Hi I'm new here too you can call me Dawn. I have a couple little ones as well. I used to write articles for my (ex)husband's websites but he didn't take really good care of them and he gave up after some Google update. I am making money with my own sites now. Not a lot of money... not enough... but enough for now! Let me know if you have any questions I will help out as much as I can.

~Dawn

Working from home with children... brutal!
I suppose they have to go to school at some point :smile: That's a good chunk of work time.
Both of you seem to be just getting started in terms of your own properties. Consider splitting your time between writing for others and writing for yourself. Never neglect your own properties but writing for others can bring in the money you'll need to acquire other items for your site, such as nice themes and plugins, for instance. You just have to get past that initial hump and then you can ride the snowball to the moon, with patience.

There's another forum online that I wont' name out of respect for this one, but they were really deep into content marketing, except they didn't market it. They just uploaded a zillion articles to EzineArticles lol. I bet that forum itself was responsible for most of Ezine's earnings. I remember looking at one person's profile on there from that forum, one of the top dog's of saying that content marketing was the best.. and they had over 3,000 articles on Ezine alone. It was dumb because I also found a ton of their own websites through that profile too. Not that I was going to do anything bad to the sites, I just get curious and like to see how other SEO's are building these days.

Hi, Trin and Dawnna!

I also have a little lady in my life, and she's soon to head off to school. I can't imagine how much work I'll get done at that point.

You should have so much insight into products and services inside the parenting and toddler niches! Put it to good use!

Glad to have you here :smile:

Hi everyone my name is Mandalay (It's unique, a lot of people call me Mandy...) I have just created my first site. I found the builder society when I saw it mentioned on another site. My husband is really supportive of my goal to make money online. He tried it himself a few years ago. He bought these courses but none of them really helped him. He was still able to teach me how to buy a domain name and to decide what I'm going to make my site about. Wish me luck!!!

Hey Mandalay welcome to the forum :smile: Sounds like you're off to a good start, don't be shy to post any questions you might have because we're all here to help.

What's your site about? LOL just kidding.

Lesson 1: Never divulge your niche.
Lesson 2: Never share your site, especially not on a forum.

Welcome aboard the forum and the internet marketing game. I hope you have a tolerance for ups and downs.

Nobody ever responded here so I will, even though you've been posting around already. Welcome!!!

Don't feel bad about a 9-5. SEO and entrepreneurship is going to demand a lot more from you than just that. And you're earning a living wisely. Keep making money. That's the goal of all of this anyways. You can use some of that money to make SEO go faster too.

See, like your 5 big sites. Get some VA's to write and post content and build links for you! But don't stop working yourself either. Just add people to the team.

All of you have lower member #'s than me, which upsets me and causes me to hate you because in like 10 years you'll have more street cred than me.

Just out of curiosity, and it's safe to say... which domain registrar did you use?

I like Godaddy and Namecheap myself, even though they hate each other.

At the risk of going offtopic, why does anyone use GoDaddy? I'll never understand... (Except for storing domains you win in auction for a couple months until you're allowed to move them.)

Hi, Mandy. I'm pretty new too. We can learn together!

I think people use GoDaddy for the same reason people use 1&1 hosting. They advertise a lot and new people don't realize there are other choices. I learned that GoDaddy is really expensive upon renewal and that 1&1 are all about hidden agreements so they can lock you into contracts for a year or two.

I use Namecheap myself because it's cheap upfront and I looked at their renewal prices and they were reasonable. Plus you get free privacy for a year and then the privacy is only $1.50 or so per year. Where at GoDaddy they want like $5 a year. That adds up, especially when you aren't making money yet!

Wsup, new here, looking to network and make some money with y'all... Cheers

All of you have lower member #'s than me, which upsets me and causes me to hate you because in like 10 years you'll have more street cred than me.

Hahaha weirdest novelty account EVER.

Hey Mandy! You seem to have disappeared after asking a bunch of questions lol I hope you found the answers you were looking for and you've just been out there working hard in the meantime.

Big D,
Please say a little more than just this. Tell us something about yourself. Do you currently make any money online? What's your preferred method, broadly of course. Not asking for secrets. How long have you been involved with internet marketing? Tell us something!

Back