Cloaked Links not working

Degree
So I just went on to cloak some affiliate links I had on my site. I ended up adding the usual "Redirect 301 /go/brand hxxp://mydomain.com/" term and putting the nofollow tag to the links. Also put a disallow in the robots.txt for the /go/ link. However when I checked the links they were all redirecting me to a different subpage of the domain. So instead of being redirected to brand.com/cool/ I got to brand.com/notcool/. The affiliate links obviously all have &site=1&title=2 tags so I guess that's whats causing the problem during the redirect process.

Also what's the best practice in terms of Redirection? Should I 301, 302 or 307?

I'm not sure about the specifics between 302 and 307 without looking it up, but I use 302's, mainly because I don't want to use 301. I don't want to imply any permanent association between my site and wherever the link leads.

I don't see why those tags would cause the issue. There might be something on the destination site that redirects based on the tags though.

The weird thing is that the aff links work totally fine and lead to the right page. But when being redirected it gets messed up

Post the codes, otherwise it's just talking in the abstract.

Redirect 301 /go/brand/ hxxp://affnetwork.com/click.asp?ref=1&site=2&type=text&tnb=3
That's in my .htaccess.
I just used a redirect checker and found this:

hxxp://mydomain.com/go/brand/
301 Found
hxxp://affnetwork.com/click.asp?ref=1&site=2&type=text&tnb=3
200 OK
click4.aspx?nos=1&adtref=&csts=0&ref=1&site=2&type=text&tnb=3
Meta Refresh

Are you certain that affnetwork.com isn't detecting cloacking and screwing up the URL link since it's going to click4.aspx, if I understand correctly.

Yeah, might be. Seems like the "problem" is on their side.

Back