Cheap site turnarounds?

Degree
Hi guys.

This might be a bit "cheap" to you guys but... I have some spare time and boredom has lead me to thinking it might be fun or at least, educational, to buy some small websites and try and optimize them to add to cash flow?

I notice on warriorforum for example you can buy Amazon Affiliate sites for just $40.

I was thinking...buy one of those, put it on a decent domain, and swap out all the amazon crap (I hate amazon, been burned too much by them) for CPA affiliate links related to the products in the niche. Maybe build that up to $xxx/month and then move on to the next one?

I've never done organic traffic and the best way to learn IMO is by doing. Plus I can throw some cheap FB ads at them too.

If this is a bad idea what is a good idea for similar or slightly more budget?

Thanks

Hmm for that money I don't know. Check the backlink profile, the quality of the content and all of that stuff. But if you are going to change the domain, I don't know if It's worth it, again, depending on the website.

You might be better buying an aged domain with some backlinks and build on top of that, you would need to just buy or write content. You will probably need more money, unless you are willing to spend some time on auctions looking for a good domain.

On the other hand, you can make a project from zero to learn how to build it, but this will take the most time.

I don't even need to go check to tell you what you're getting for $40:
  • A domain with no backlinks or history
  • A pre-made theme with no customizations
  • Non-unique PLR content that exists in 1,000 other locations
  • No keyword research done
These guys are often using the same database of pre-loaded crap and uploading it to different domains and switching themes. You see it on Flippa all the time.

This isn't just a waste of your money, it's a waste of your time.

You're better off taking that $40 and blowing your nose with it and then burning it. At least you'll have gotten some use and entertainment out of it.

If you're going to switch domains, switch monetization, and since you're talking about organic you'll have to switch out the content too.... What are you even buying here? You're paying $40 to have to start at the same place you'd start at by paying $0. This almost sounds like paying someone $40 to install Wordpress for you.

I'd definitely only buy a site that is earning for minimum 1 year.

Back