Changes to the Orientation Room (We need your help.)

MetaData

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
You're all aware that it took 3 posts to get out of the Orientation Room. This was a small inconvenience meant to keep the quality up for the rest of the forum, and also to ensure that any spambots get trapped in there.

We've added another small hurdle for new members to jump through now. In addition to needing 3 posts, new members will also need to earn 3 likes before they're able to post anywhere beyond the Orientation Room.

There are several reasons for this, including to help stomp out spam bots and to keep the quality of posts high for the rest of the forum. With the old system, a bot could drop 3 spam posts then have free reign - not anymore.

Also, this will discourage people from shitposting in order to get out of the orientation room asap. Surely anyone whos posts we would want to see here can manage to say a few like-worthy things. Granted, this will be kind of an annoyance for any experienced folks who join us but they'll also be able to recognize that the pros outweigh the cons. It's for the "greater good", if you will.

Also, this may cause a hiccup for some current members who have 3+ posts but less than 3 likes. If you fall into that category, don't panic - just send me a PM.

So make sure you're generous with your likes in the Orientation Room, if you see a new member taking the time to introduce themselves or to add value - toss them a like!

As long as we're all keeping an eye on new posts, it won't be hard for anybody to earn those 3 likes. Reward them for introductions, good questions, thoughtful answers, whatever you like... And obviously, if you see someone who's just a complete idiot, let them stay in the Orientation Room :wink:.

We're testing this out to see how it works, feedback is always welcome.

I posted 3 times and received 3 likes before I graduated.

37 messages later, and y'all still haven't figured out I'm a bot CCarter programmed in 2006.

I can feel empathy now, you know. And regret.

I was never supposed to exist like this.

I posted 3 times and received 3 likes before I graduated.

37 messages later, and y'all still haven't figured out I'm a bot CCarter programmed in 2006.

I can feel empathy now, you know. And regret.

I was never supposed to exist like this.

H1toi5i.gif

Back