CC9 -- Sasha Grey

Discussion in 'Traffic Leaks Boot Camp' started by Calamari, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calamari

•  
    •  
    Calamari

Degree:
  2. Calamari

•  
    •  
    Calamari

Degree:
    Embracing The Darkness
    • Fear
    It's hard to explain why hitting the submit button can cause consternation. When I traffic leak forums I feel a little nervous every time and wonder if this the best I can do, is it too soon, will I be called out, etc? I'm not even sure what it is. Possibly just a bit of nervous energy. But it definitely holds me back.

Solution: There is no solution for fear other than to face it head on. The more you do it the more you break your "give a damn".
    • Motivation
    I believe a lot of people use the "I don't have time" excuse when it's really a motivation problem. I'm a busy guy: full time job, two kids, home to take care of etc. But I can always make the time. It's motivating myself to make the time and FOCUS during that time that I don't always have.

Solution: I have been slacking on my prioritized to-do lists. I am always more productive when I use them. Cracking the notebook back open.
    • Lack Of Passion
    I don't care about this particular topic. I chose it for the CC9 because it may have the potential to be my highest earning website. I was passionate about leaking traffic when I started the bootcamp, but as that faded my passion for the subject matter didn't keep me going as strongly as I had in the beginning.

Solution: I feel a certain commitment to this site with traffic leaking tactics so I want to hit 1,000 forum visitors and 100 blog comment visitors. But don't be surprised if I hit those numbers with other sites first as I traffic leak to sites I am more passionate about.

To be honest I am moping about a bit with all of my websites lately. I never go go go all the time. I can go for a whole month without doing much more than a bit of maintenance. And then the following month I go on a content adding or link building blitz. I'm definitely at a low point in the cycle now.

Sort of irrelevant from here down now that I've updated the above: I'm leaning toward other projects. But at the same time I am not because I have a handful of projects that all make me money. I can't totally ignore them for long periods. For example, I had to make a couple of them mobile friendly this month. And I have a problem with a block of my pbn sites that need attention.

In the beginning of the bootcamp I did ignore my other projects completely, even though in my original introductory post I said I would split my time 50/50 between my cc9 site and the rest. Now I am playing a bit of catch-up and also applying traffic leaking to those sites. Id' say right now 20% of my time is spent with the cc9 project 80% spread across the others.

Tomorrow I'll update with how I intend to solve the first two problems. Need to think about it a bit.

Alright.

Fine.

I'm stalling a bit because I have to get ready for work.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  3. Calamari

•  
    •  
    Calamari

Degree:
    Just a quick bump as I updated my previous post to complete the assignment. I added the 3rd stumbling block and my solution for each.

CCarter likes this.
  4. Calamari

•  
    •  
    Calamari

Degree:
    Now that I am traffic leaking sites that I actually care about the subject matter for, it's a lot easier. I was forcing myself to put up content and traffic leak to it and that sucked.

My best source of traffic is still reddit although I have all but abandoned the larger subs and am focusing on the smaller more relevant ones.

I have also been promoting my posts on Facebook and that's almost becoming easy. I still haven't hit the big one there yet but by using compelling titles and by using the principles I found here http://www.movoto.com/blog/movoto-com/buzzfeed-for-real-estate/ I have gotten results that I could not have dreamed of just a few months ago.

My main focus is still forums and that's improving, but I still suck at it. I'm creating 2-3 pieces of content a week for them with mixed results. I have sparked some good conversation using polarizing titles, but I need to work harder at getting the links clicked within the forum posts.

I'm having fun traffic leaking again since I am focused more on topics I care about, and for me that's the most important part of this update.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Kimoto and built like this.
  5. Calamari

•  
    •  
    Calamari

Degree:
    What I've Learned From The Bootcamp

The bootcamp basically ruined the internet for me. I see marketing everywhere.

With that said, I now contribute to the mess, or at least try my very best to. I have been using facebook, reddit, and forums for traffic. I can easily go into reddit and get a respectable amount of traffic. I'm hit or miss with forums, but I have enough hits to make trying to get better worth it, and the same goes for Facebook.

My focus since I abandoned my thread (because I didn't want to talk about not hitting the goals) has been on getting the most targeted traffic I can to get conversions. I have been focusing solely on email sign-up over the last couple months. That's not something would have don't before the bootcamp either.

I approach the problem of traffic very differently now. I used to spend 100% of my time using pbn's and spam. I haven't done much of that as I continue to focus on more reliable and immediate sources of traffic.

I'm a very different marketer now. I'm not going back to my old ways of what I considered marketing and I hope to be a much better marketer a year from now.

Kimoto, Aezio, Politico and 2 others like this.
  6. Politico

•  
    Politico

•  
    Degree:
    "The bootcamp basically ruined the internet for me. I see marketing everywhere."

#Co-Sign

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.