Can you 'over cook' your a website with organic links?

Degree
I gained a ton of organic links coming in from a statistic based post that spiked heavily, (I went from 0 links to 17 legit links this month with no outreach.

Anyone know if I t's possible to 'over do it' with links and negatively effect seo? For example, if I gain 100+ links in one month that are all from good sources?

I looked online and couldn't find any info on this out there

17 links is nothing. Happens all the time. Posts go viral and rack up way more than that, every day.

If you're concerned about all the old talk of "link velocity" and all that, that stuff held true to some degree when people were mass spamming. We're talking thousands of links per page per day. I mention that to put in perspective that you're talking about 17 links.

You have nothing to worry about as far as permanent damage goes.

To be complete, though, there are possible temporary negative effects, such as delayed reactions (not a big deal) or temporary downward bounces (not a problem for most pages that aren't ranking yet). This has more to do with pushing the limit with page rank and anchor texts than anything else. If your links are natural you don't need to worry about this either.

And unless you're doing PBN links (you're not) or anything that is obviously and egregiously against Google's guidelines, you don't need to worry about permanent negative effects. "Bad" links or "Suspicious" links are 99% of the time being ignored now. The 1% of the time they aren't being ignored tends to mean they're helping you. Google finally got this part of the SEO game back together again. Links help and don't hurt and it's not the webmaster's job to police the rest of the internet's linking habits.

Don't worry about it, if Google would penalize after 17 links there would be a lot more negative SEO in the wild.

In most cases, Google just ignores bad links. I doubt you are doing anything crazy like sape or oversold PBNs so don't worry about it, you are good to go :smile:

If you really want to go the extra mile, grab those links and throw them in the search console for disavow.

Here's a video how to do it:

Back