Can You Identify The Image Scraper Platform?

Stones

BuSo Pro
Degree
I came a cross an interesting site that was 'seemingly' (probably not) ranking due to a lot of links from these image scraper sites. I know that Ryuzaki and a few others have mentioned how these low quality links can get your site penalised. But out of curiosity, can anyone identify the platform these sites are built off?

I've checked the page source for clues and run a couple of sites through "What runs where"to no avail.
The footprint is below
Please create a FREE ACCOUNT to continue reading or download!

I don't think they're on a CMS platform. There seems to be about three guilty parties, or one that has different templates. There's one that popped up trying to look like Imgur that was probably a separate spammer.

If you notice, they scraped up images and created different easy sets of HTML to populate from the same set of images. They never seem to add more images, but are focused more on churning and burning on domains. There was a phase where they started playing with subdomains too but I don't think that panned out.

The reason I think it's the same group across multiple templates is because the set of images are always the same, with the same keyword targets.

But again, I don't think there's a CMS platform or anything. I think it's a custom job. They probably scraped images, dumped them into subfolders, and have PHP looping through them to build out the pages. I haven't at all dug in on them but seeing the front-end of them a million times led me to that conclusion.

In the exact case of the one you're talking about, it's the same. It looks like they created a simple HTML template based on Bootstrap CSS. They went through the effort of using an HTML 5 Shiv for backwards compatibility for old browsers since they're largely tricking old people who don't realize what's going on (same thing with parked domain ads). Then they have custom JS to create the modal popup.

Back