Can a site be classified as ecommerce as an affiliate?

Nat

Degree
Let's say there is a search term that only brings up ecommerce websites. If you add full markup on affiliate product items
Code:
<div itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Product">

can you be classified as an ecommerce page?

I've seen a few websites that are half and half, with some buy buttons sending you to their own store, and other buy buttons sending you through external links and they appear for product related search terms.

I can't see the code you posted on my phone but I'm assuming it's the schema product type.

If so, I use this markup on product pages that include aff links. I'm displaying all the required fields and formatting the pages like a proper product page on an ecomm site. No issues so far, I see the meta showing in search results. I also add review markup and allow customers to leave reviews.

I also do this with local business listings in a database on another site. That's been running for years and just recently the reviews on my site for the business started showing in the open graph box.

I feel like these are both legitimate uses of the markup and so far it seems like google feels the same.

Reactions: Nat
I can't see the code you posted on my phone but I'm assuming it's the schema product type.

If so, I use this markup on product pages that include aff links. I'm displaying all the required fields and formatting the pages like a proper product page on an ecomm site. No issues so far, I see the meta showing in search results. I also add review markup and allow customers to leave reviews.

I also do this with local business listings in a database on another site. That's been running for years and just recently the reviews on my site for the business started showing in the open graph box.

I feel like these are both legitimate uses of the markup and so far it seems like google feels the same.

Thanks, exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Back