Call Tracking Software Recommendation For Lead Generation

CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
Hey, what's the best software for call tracking when needing it for lead generation? I've got a set of doctors that needs to track leads and am looking for recommendations on software that will allow basic metrics of phone calls generated, perhaps length of the calls, and basic analytics. Some doctors offices have different phone numbers for services, so the solution may need to be able to track multiple phone lines if possible.

The phone calls are generated from a website through organic or paid marketing. So IF it's possible a solution that allows tracking of the source - perhaps switching the phone number when it detects it's PPC traffic, or something that could be optimal.

None of the above are real deal breakers, just need something basic for website tracking of leads/calls to get started and then expand upon, although minimum programming time would be best.

2nd CallRail. We use it for our local clients. Yes, you can track different office numbers.

It does have dynamic# inserting, which we use. It will swap out the numbers based on traffic source.

I'm not sure how dynamic inserting would work with multiple locations and traffic sources. I'm guessing it can do it, but personally have never done it before.

The backend reporting isn't super sexy, but its functional. Everything can be downloaded into a CSV.

Thanks @JasonSc, probably going to go with Callrail to get started.

Has anyone used Twilio (https://www.twilio.com/)? I'm curious as to what it does and it's potential applications. Anyone build anything crazy cool with it?

Thanks @JasonSc, probably going to go with Callrail to get started.

Has anyone used Twilio (https://www.twilio.com/)? I'm curious as to what it does and it's potential applications. Anyone build anything crazy cool with it?

Analytic Call Tracking runs on Twilio... probably everything you're looking for on the cheap, but Twilio call quality is shit. (staticky lines, overall feel is poor, cumbersome control panel if you're not using the API, but you being a programmer, would possibly love the interface from an expansion standpoint with the available webhooks.)

If you're doing PPC though, you'll absolutely want DNI (dynamic number insertion), so you don't have to buy/setup a new line for each lander or everytime you test an ad. Jason should be very fluent in this stuff??

Jason should be very fluent in this stuff??

I am, but I just haven't had time to talk to @CCarter about his new stuff yet.

We spend most of our time talking and dealing with SERPWoo, so discussing outside topics sometimes doesn't always happen. For example, I rarely talk about my PPC clients with him or the book I am trying to write. You just get focused on the subject you mostly talk about between each other and it's like it's own little world that only you and them live in.

It's not done on purpose on either side, it just happens.

The other day I asked him what he knew about Rank Brain and forgot he wrote a whole post on it here in BuSo.

Or, the fact I came here and asked BuSo what they thought about the podcast first, before asking @CCarter ( who had to reply in the post, and gave good advice lol ). I could have just asked him in our messenger or on the weekly phone calls we have.

But yeah CallRail is mostly what I have used in the past with the best success when it comes to tracking leads for a lead generation project that can do both SEO and PPC with diff numbers and dynamic rotation. I've used Twilio several times in the past for different projects and even Plivo, but for this type of project I would say CallRail would be best suited.

Plus CallRail can integrate nicely with Adwords, so that's why I like it even more.

Their documentation can be a bit lacking in some areas, but they have great phone support.

CallRails initially but since you are a coder, its nothing you can't already do with Twilio (especially as you need more stuff)

An affiliate network I'm in uses Invoca for theirs. It seems to work perfectly, gives a good bit of data on my end.

As the other posters have said - call rail and calltrackingmetrics are both fine, have used extensively. Regarding building your own - meh. I'm a developer too, and I'm still a fan of paying for a solid solution and letting them deal with the bugs.

I use Call Tracking Metrics, been a happy customer for years. Not sure how their API is though because I just use the built in features. Went with them because they integrated with all of the other software platforms I was using at the time when others didn't.

I'm a developer too, and I'm still a fan of paying for a solid solution and letting them deal with the bugs.
Yeah, honestly just because I'm a programmer doesn't mean I want to program everything I use. If I'm constantly reinventing the wheel I'm not getting anywhere.

Back