Buying social signals for authority?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Is it worth it?

Are people more compelled to share something if they see it already has a few hundred shares?

Just get real ones instead.

If people are going to like and share your content it's going to be because of the title, the featured image, and the content.

If you drop the ball on those 3 things then all the fake signals in the world won't help you.

If you get those 3 right then you won't need the fakes.

Just get real ones instead.

If people are going to like and share your content it's going to be because of the title, the featured image, and the content.

If you drop the ball on those 3 things then all the fake signals in the world won't help you.

If you get those 3 right then you won't need the fakes.
True, I get shares but Im wondering if it would take it up a notch

I do believe that people are more compelled to share when they see others have done the same. Human nature.

However, if you're thinking about buying them (sounds like you're thinking about a Fiverr gig or something), then why not just purchase authentic traffic? If you're talking about Facebook, create an ad and direct it to the page. That will get you shares and likes from real people that have real value.

@MetaData is right on the money.
There are plenty of reasons buy social to legit signals (not even talking about fiverr gigs but real mentions). When i'm building an authority site first thing i do after setup a decent amount of content is to build my audience in Facebook/Twitter. You can get followers at twitter just with the follow/unfollow method; at FB best way to get the fans is to running an ad. This is not going to just give you real social signals from right to left but also help you to establish your brand.

It's useful even for your linkbuilding strategy. Each time that i reach another blogger in my niche with a guest post proposal i never forget to mention that if he publish the article it will be share with my audience and obviously here is where i link my +20k facebook fanspage (my twitter accounts are always less pompous). I'm pretty confident saying that this improve the rate of positive replies a lot.

Last edited:
If you're going to spend money, it might as well be with real people who will actually interact with your marketing work. Plus Facebook has already created an algorithm for their feed. It's only a matter of time before Twitter does, if they haven't already. Pinterest definitely has. The more fake people you have as fans, the less chance real people will see your marketing work.

If you're just talking about shares and likes... I think it's pointless for any kind of SEO boost. Google definitely knows the difference between real and fake. I don't know how, but I've seen proof more times than I can count now. It's only a matter of time before they punish people for faking it, like they did with links.

In terms of human psychology, sure, people follow the herd. But the herd can and might as well be real people.

Back