BuSo's Pledge To Our Members

MetaData

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Hi, I'm MetaData and I'll be your host here at the Builder Society. I'm the most visible staff member, but I can't take all the credit. @The Engineer is always hard at work behind the scenes, but at the end of the day a forum is nothing without its members and the memberlist is where most of the credit is due.

We're still ramping up here but we've had a lot of new members finding us over the past few weeks, so I want to take a couple minutes to let you know what we're all about. This is very much a work-in-progress, but the core of what makes BuSo unique is timeless. Lessons passed down through the ages. We observe the past and we learn from it.

I've said this before, but if you're here now... consider yourself above average. You either found this place on your own which means you have the type of curiosity that makes for a great Builder, or you were tapped on the shoulder and someone whispered "BuilderSociety" in your ear which means they thought you would be a huge asset to have on board - in either case, welcome and we're happy to have you.

1. We will never hold your contributions hostage by charging members to read threads created by other members. That's a bad look, and it's not what we're all about.

2. You are not a commodity for us to sell to advertisers, either. We will not accept any advertisements or marketplace vendors that don't benefit the community. We vet everything, so when you do see it here - you know it's categorically good.

3. We're here for the long haul. Cashing in off the hard work of our members is NOT the goal, that's simply not our business plan. We aren't just building a forum, we're co-creating a society of marketers and an ecosystem that can take our collective game to the next level, whether you're on day 1 or you've been at it for years.

4. If you have a problem, we will take immediate action to resolve it whether it's with another member or with BuSo itself. A Builder knows that hiding from a problem doesn't make it go away, you've got to face things head on whether it's forum drama or something serious.

5. If you need anything, at any time, PM a staff member - we're here for you. Every single member is our top priority. You don't have to be a "name" to get treated like one. We won't take days to get back to you, whether it's a small problem or a big one.

6. Self-promotion is not a sin. If you're working hard on a project, we WANT you to share it with us. Not only do we have a line-up of very experienced marketers, but we also LOVE to support other Builders. Obviously there's a right way and a wrong way to do it, but "Hey guys check out what I'm working on..." goes a lot further than trying to be sneaky about it. You don't have to do that here. Just don't be gross about it.

7. Newbies are the future. It takes a village to raise a child, but all it takes is a few warm welcomes and a helping hand to turn a determined newbie into the next monster marketer. Our newbie section gives them a free pass to ask how to setup DNS for the 100th time without having it clutter up the rest of the conversation. Everything is new to everyone at one point or another. Don't look down on someone unless you're giving them a hand up. BuSo is a place you can tell your friends about when they ask for help getting started without worrying about them being suckered into some coaching call or sold off to the boiler rooms.

8. You've always got someone in your corner now. You're a Builder and that means you're a part of the team. Rather than trying to be exclusive, we would rather be a massive multi-headed hydra of knowledge and experience. It's the fresh faces who usually end up helping us see things in a new light and innovating, and it's the veterans who lay the foundation for that to happen. Both parts are equally essential to our ecosystem.

9. Transparent and accountable. There's no back-room dealings taking place and if something bothers you with the way things are being run, we want you to start a thread and let us know your concerns. It's free feedback and market research so we welcome it with open arms. Let's talk about it, let's make it right.

10. No place is perfect, but let's put our heads together and see how close we can get.

rgVQp.gif

I like it. The users act like normal human beings and the staff have no ulterior motives. What more can you ask?

Glad to be a part of this. Finally a community that is willing to check their egos in at the door and concentrate on helping others while mastering their craft at the same time, rather than wasting time trying to prove who's "SEO/marketing genitals are bigger".

I appreciate the obvious thought and dedication put into this forum as well as the good show of transparency on the part of the admins. I look forward to contributing and learning from the other builders here :smile:

I need you guys to understand that my genitals are in-fact bigger, but as far as business goes I consider this a level playing field! :D

I like what this place stands for and am on board for the long haul!

It's important to foster an environment where people aren't trying to puff out their chests and build up some type of guru-status, because that doesn't benefit them nor anyone else. It's OKAY to ask questions, nobody knows everything. That's how you learn, and get better. BuSo isn't a stage where you have to put on a show, it's the gym where you put in the work and you improve. I'm glad everyone is on the same page, because it's going to result in a whole community of incredibly skilled marketers.

The other day @CCarter said something about a flood coming... and I can't help but remember one of my favorite quotes...

"A rising tide lifts all ships."

The other day @CCarter said something about a flood coming... and I can't help but remember one of my favorite quotes...

If Chris says it's good, I'm in. So hello to everybody on the board :smile:

@MetaData pretty much agree that leaving the ego behind is good step which everybody should do on this place. I mean there are other places for us to be the gurus if we wanted to... kidding aside, I really hope this is not going to end similar to a different place. Not like you're going to get banned for asking a question. Everybody is good at something and if a beginner is just starting out, helping him out a bit can be VERY beneficial to both longterm.

Fortunately, I haven't seen any spammers here... yet. But we know they'll come eventually. They always come. How will we, as a community handle spammers? Will the admin/ mods take care of them? Spammers come in all shapes and forms. Sometimes it's hard to determine who is genuine and who is fake. There are the blatant, "I will sell you my method" ones, but soon enough posts like "I want to make moeny on the inrnet, how I do this?" will start popping up. Sigh. It's not that I hate people who don't speak English fluently, but it's just so hard to take them seriously. These types of posts can erode a community, and may result in a hideous pack mentality which drives off potential contributers.

@lyannastark Great points, and something we'll definitely have to discuss as a community as we continue to grow. On the one hand having more members is always great, but it can be a double-edged sword because it means more riff-raff too...

1) The newbie section should help a lot with the "how does I make monies?" posts, it will keep them in that one area and away from the rest of the forum. Same goes for bots. We've had a few bots so far, and they've just gotten confused and given up :D. We can always bump up the post count to leave the newbie section from 3 to 5 if it seems necessary. At least this way it's "contained", and 5 posts is usually enough to judge someone's intentions.

2) The other type of spammers are people who are CLEARLY just here to hit and run, promote their stuff and then never come back. "Forum marketing" lol. For that, we're just playing it by ear for now. It's not really something we've been able to plan for, we have to see what happens and then we'll adapt as we go.

3) General rule of thumb as far as anyone who wants to come here and sell their "method", their marketplace threads will not get approved and trying to promote it elsewhere on the forum will not end well for them. You don't have to worry about this turning into some creepy incestuous rat-king of people selling regurgitated info-products. Having said that, if someone comes along and has an infoproduct that's just absolutely brilliant and passes our scrutiny, they may very well be welcome to promote it - but we'll cross that bridge when we get there and frankly, I'm not sure we even will.

4) We'll need the community's help for this. Basically if something gives you a douchechill, report it. Collectively, we shouldn't have any trouble seeing who is genuine and who is not.

5) A few other tricks up our sleeve, but they wouldn't be as effective if I mentioned them here.

Hopefully that answers your questions... What do you think, any suggestions? Anyone?

Concerning Spammers:

Remember, we do have a "Report" function. Please use it. We will internally address every single report. You can use it on posts, threads, and trader ratings. The staff will only have so many sets of eyes, so if you see something as you browse around, please don't hesitate to click the "Report" button that you'll find on every single post.

Great job - looking forward to actually participating in this community - unlike others i've been apart of!

Back