Building Links by Hand

Kernel Konductor

Hypnotist
Degree
If you had a very limited budget and wanted to build out tier 1 and tier 2 links by hand, what would you suggest?

Grab Scrapebox , scrape niche related targets and start dropping niche comments.Tier 2 it with more blog comments and trackbacks.I think thats the cheapest you can start of with .Scrapebox is the swiss army knife of someone who wants to build links

Grab Scrapebox , scrape niche related targets and start dropping niche comments.Tier 2 it with more blog comments and trackbacks.I think thats the cheapest you can start of with .Scrapebox is the swiss army knife of someone who wants to build links

I see a lot of sites with disqus, do links in these comments pass juice?

Are there any free sites worth building out as tier 1? Any sites worth avoiding for building tier 1?

There are a ton of web 2.0 blogging platforms out there you should look into. Google is your friend.

Scrapebox is cheap, but is it feasable to start building mini private networks for Tier 1? With limited budged of let's say $80 a month, spread over hosting, expired domain purchase and whoisguard, over a year we'd be able to get around double digits of private sites (website and blog mixtures).

Assuming you can place just around 3 links per site, that doesn't seem like a big bang for buck as if you'd just follow the advice of JT1 and do scrapebox commenting.

How much link power difference would you weight a privately owned link as to comment niche blog comments on a 1 to 1 ratio?

Tier 2 niche blog comment, web 2.0s, Tier 1 starting out with a handful of private site to start a small network?

If you're doing this by hand, you might as well be doing real outreach for high quality links, like guest posts or covereage for your content or product. This begs the question of whether or not you even have something worth promoting and sharing. I'd chase these questions all the way back to the origin of your project and decide if it's worth doing anything by hand. Otherwise, automate it.

If you have a decent product/service offering then the reality is that you could build up some nice links by hand (doing manual outreach) for free.

I'm not suggesting the product or service itself will just magically attract links but you need to appear legit for this to work.

My suggestion is you produce a piece of content that is really useful to a niche audience, I'm not talking about it being showreel quality or necessarily a viral hit just something that will be a good fit for an audience online e.g. parents.

For example, does your product or niche have implications or issues to be discussed that parents would be interested in? You can then reach out to organisations online that have an audience of parents but think beyond blogs in terms of schools, churches, local community websites etc.

The internet beyond "the blogosphere" is a real goldmine (when it comes to building links) because they aren't getting a hundred requests a day for another guest post, most have just 1 person responsible for the website and most have at the very least a "useful links" page and in most cases probably a page to do with your topic! You're taking a piece of really niche content to precisely the right audience...

My team do this for clients and it is very effective for generating great quality links by hand.

I appreciate the above may not be incredibly clear, so I am of course happy to clarify or answer any questions.

The internet beyond "the blogosphere" is a real goldmine (when it comes to building links) because they aren't getting a hundred requests a day for another guest post, most have just 1 person responsible for the website and most have at the very least a "useful links" page and in most cases probably a page to do with your topic! You're taking a piece of really niche content to precisely the right audience...

Gold.

Become a signal in all of the noise and suddenly you're playing in an entirely different arena than the rest of the goofs.

**Warning**
Link building by hand = LSD.
LSD = Long. Slow. Death.

When I say death, I mean from boredom. It's doable and in fact a lot of people recommend tier 1 be done by hand and not automated software. But tier 2 and 3 you can get away with using an automated solution.

I'm not sure if scrapebox would fit the bill if you're really trying to keep costs down. My reasoning is that you pay a lot just to get started. You pay for scrapebox ($97) and proxies ($20/month) at a bare, bare minimum...then you have to consider learning curve. Scrapebox isn't something you just pick up and press play.

Consider your market and prospect...where do they hang out? If your prospect hangs out all day on facebook, twitter, etc. then you know to focus on building traffic from social media. If your prospect just googles for tidbits about their interest then you know to focus on SERPs.

While you are out building your tier 1 properties don't forget to spend some time hanging out with your market posting in their forums. After a while you'll learn even more about them and you can put a link your signature. Visit other blogs in their forum and leave a good comment with a link, etc.

If you want to build your links by hand then do it, as long as you can maintain your enthusiasm. What I'd suggest is, great on-page seo and cheap socials. T1 3 web 2.0 blogs - T2 Social bookmarks. Just stick to low competition niches until you can build up your bankroll. You can completely cut backlinking out of it and just do socials and great on-page seo and put out constant great quality content. You will definately rank slowly but will surely get up there.

Yes, its very much possible to do seo without investing a penny but it takes a lot of time and you could be doing so many things in that time. Do proper keyword research and attempt smaller niches.

If you have a decent product/service offering then the reality is that you could build up some nice links by hand (doing manual outreach) for free.

I'm not suggesting the product or service itself will just magically attract links but you need to appear legit for this to work.

My suggestion is you produce a piece of content that is really useful to a niche audience, I'm not talking about it being showreel quality or necessarily a viral hit just something that will be a good fit for an audience online e.g. parents.

For example, does your product or niche have implications or issues to be discussed that parents would be interested in? You can then reach out to organisations online that have an audience of parents but think beyond blogs in terms of schools, churches, local community websites etc.

My team do this for clients and it is very effective for generating great quality links by hand.

I appreciate the above may not be incredibly clear, so I am of course happy to clarify or answer any questions.

Nice post!

Which sites are you exactly refering to beyond the blogosphere? Online stores?

Appreciate youre reply!

dont do what I tried and build 200 web 2.0s

As @Ryuzaki said this is GOLD. Seem like common sense but easy to overlook.. Do you suggest simply sending an email to the webmaster, or calling them, or trying to build a relationship with them online first by engaging with them on social media etc?

My guess would be that it depends on how valuable the link is?.. the more valuable the more time you would want to invest nurturing the relationship before making the "ask"..?

Back