Building a page in stages

Degree
I'm curious how do you guys build your page, are you working on it till it's 100% ready, or you upload a basic version and then expend it?

I've sat and asked myself a similar question recently and decided that I personally feel done is better than perfect.

So using the keyword example from my case study thread - if I was building a page on 'best bass lures' then I would focus on getting all the text done to an acceptable standard and the product reviews added (after all this is what will put money in the bank).

The faster this page is up, the faster I can start building the support pages and the faster I'm going to make money.

When it comes down to it, the words on a page don't drive traffic, it's the promotion of those words that does the hard part.

Look at Kimoto's follow along - dude takes forever to publish stuff. I'm 6 days in and have already published 20 articles that are still better quality that what most people put out.

Am I 100% happy with it? No. Is it live for Google to see and packed with affiliate links for visitors to click? fuck yes it is!

I've sat and asked myself a similar question recently and decided that I personally feel done is better than perfect.

I agree, I also think that Google will like the fact that the page will be updated later on which means it's refreshing, WDYT?

So using the keyword example from my case study thread - if I was building a page on 'best bass lures' then I would focus on getting all the text done to an acceptable standard and the product reviews added (after all this is what will put money in the bank).

Not sure I agree on the above, It really depends what bring quality traffic it not always the product reviews page.

The faster this page is up, the faster I can start building the support pages and the faster I'm going to make money.

Can you give an example with keyword, what do you mean by support pages?

@iam_mine I'm still learning the ropes myself so take everything I say with a pinch of salt - hopefully minds greater than mine can confirm if this is right or wrong but...

If I was Google I'd like to see pages being updated as new research comes out and old wisdom is replaced.

Not sure I agree on the above, It really depends what bring quality traffic it not always the product reviews page.

Okay so my example was purely based on the style of site I'm building...

Traffic Leaking

So this BuzzFeed post (chosen at random) has less than 400 words but has been viewed over 320,000 times.

Now ask yourself why are you wasting a month producing content when this brain-baloney probably took less than 90 minutes to produce and will get more views than your carefully crafted content ever will?

I could do most the image sourcing while dropping a deuce.

Supporting Pages

From what I understand it's not enough to throw up a page about 'best bass lures', you have to stack content below that to show relevance and importance.

The hierarchies might look like:

-- best bass lures
-- The different a good lure can make when fishing for bass
-- Bass Fishing: How to match the lure to the water course

You can then "link-up" from the bottom articles to the money page.

Like I said, I only started reading about IM in June, so I'm by no means pro-skills just yet.

Back