Bridge Sites with Adwords

Degree
Hey guys,

lately I've been researching some Niches and found that there are still a lot of "Top 10" kind of Sites and Bridge Sites being advertised (Adwords). E.g. Websites that list the "Best Webhosting" and link out to the providers with their affiliate link on the same page. I thought that the Big G' doesn't like those Sites.

Google doesn't like money? What are you playing at mate?

Google can't control what visitors type into the search input, and if people didn't find what they were searching for they will go to another search engine. Google's at the mercy of the user mate. So now do you think they won't make money off that extremely popular search query? You having a laugh mate?

Where did you hear that from, an SEO guru? What people say and what they do are two different things. Like when Google/Gurus say links are less relevant, yet every study know to man since concludes still "links are still the #1 ranking factor." The SERPs don't lie mate, a lot of people are having a laugh at people that follow the gurus/Cutts when in the end the SERPs tell a different narrative.

Last edited:
Sure, it all makes sense. Just like FB let's you advertise anything right before they need to publish their Quarter numbers.
As per their Policy they state that those practices aren't allowed. But I guess since 90% of more popular search terms are flooded with those Sites it's a question of having a good day with the Reviewer.

Having a Lead Form to collect emails etc. would be another option, if I wouldn't pass through the Review process.

Yeah, it's similar to when those dudes come and snoop around your restaurant and give you a rating from 0-100 and you have to post it on the wall... Except they don't snoop. You get a huge head's up that you're scheduled for so and so date. If you fail then you're literally fucking retarded or a Chinese restaurant, in which case they get a G-pass for deliciousness.

A lot of this info that gets perpetuated by Gurus happens like this:
  1. Guru makes super thin 50 word lead funnel with no effort
  2. Guru starts pushing ad traffic at it
  3. Guru's page and ad gets banned for being thin
  4. Guru tells everyone you can't push ads to lead funnels
Because god forbid they ever admit to their equally newbie followers that they produced a turd that scored zero that could hurt Facebook and Adwords reputations.

The same guru that started this rumor and concluded his case study with a ban, now creates a new product with following headlines:

Invest In
Adwords Riches for
Landing Page Optimization
Right Now...Quickly And Easily!

“What I Learned Working At Google...
A Step-by-Step
Very Simple Blueprint to
Mastering AdWords For......
Landing Page Optimization"

Introducing: AdWords Riches..
The above is actually from a sales letter found with a quick google search...
Build something that is worth paid traffic and do your own testing!

Somewhere on the Google products forum one of the Google employees explained the bridge policy. They stated as long as your page adds some kind of value it should be fine. They mentioned even a product filter or ability to search could mean "unique". I have run Adwords ads for an Amazon affiliate site but it adds unique value because of content I created and product filters, search, etc.

Back