Brainstorming ideas for helpful spreadsheets, what do YOU need?

Potatoe

BuSo Pro
Degree
I'm looking to collect ideas for spreadsheets that would be useful for a variety of marketing tasks. Whether it's tracking links, budgets, daily progress/motivation type stuff, combining different things that aren't always found on the same sheet, w/e you can come up with...

I'll be getting some of them developed and releasing them to the community for free, so if there's anything that would help you out (simple or complex), let me know and I'll see what I can put together.

Also, I'll need some help making them look nice, any suggestions on how to go about that? Should I look for a designer or just wing it and go for "good enough" because the appearance isn't as important as the function?

Thanks for your thoughts!

I'd suggest Fiverr for making it look good. That's the kind of task which someone definitely has on offer there.

This is complex, but would really help me.

I do my keyword research using Keyword Shitter and Ahrefs. Ahrefs for kind of high level difficulty/primary keyword analysis, then KS for long tail secondary keywords/sub-topics/things to mention.

I wish there was a macro/apps script that could somehow categorize these bulk lists into a single row. Maybe you import a list of parent keywords/primary keywords:

best mens pants
best womens pants
best kids pants

Then after importing the bulk lists from KS, you'd get rows like:

Code:
best mens pants | best mens pants under 100, best mens pants for office, mens winter pants, best mens travel pants
best womens pants | cheap womens pants, best pants for older women, best womens yoga pants for sport
best kids pants | comfortable kids pants, cheap kids pants under 20, best school pants for kids, best kids pants for 4 year old

Basically the goal here would be to semi-automate the content strategy/brief process.

Every 2 bit guru has pretty much beat this horse to death.

I would make an aggregator listing the good ones.

If you had a quick summary of if they're using premium data or not, and any notable features I would find that valuable. My primary beef when I need one is finding one that's not just some gimmick to try and sell me sem rush or spread moz coolaide metrics around.

Back