Boosting New Blog Posts As Soon As They Are Published

Degree
What are some strategies some of you use to automatically promote new wordpress articles that you publish or drip? So far, my strategy has consisted of the following automatic processes:

Featured image for blog post is automatically sent to Pinterest using the Pinterest Pin It Button On Image Hover And After Post & Page Content plugin with a link back to the article
Post is automatically sent to StumbleUpon using the NextScripts: Social Networks Auto-Poster plugin
All linked social media profiles are pinged as well.

What else do you all do to get that new post traffic spike? What should I be doing differently? Im out of creative juice!

Many receive no promotion. I'd say 50%.

The other 40% receive some combination of:
  • Google+
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Pinterest
  • Tumblr
Those are ones that I intend to rank, so I get them some social signals and links that way.

Of the remaining 10%, I'd say 9% are designed for link-bait and traffic leaking. Those may get some Facebook PPC (I don't have a killer page yet) and some Reddit work. I may make the round on some forums as well.

That last 1% is special. They get all of the above plus outreach campaigns. They are built for this purpose, extreme linkability.

Rinse and repeat forever.

I have my Facebook pages and Twitter linked to Zapier triggered by RSS.

Of course this isn't enough, I set up a custom RSS that puts out a personalized caption for each shared link. I also tweak the title and description of the link slightly through metadata.

This way I don't have to wait for the schedule past to keep up.

There are paid solutions to auto boosting, but I'm not too sure about that. Quuu looks interesting, thanks @Tucky

I
Yep, I manually post on my social media profiles, making sure to use appropriate tags etc when available. Facebook ads are well worth it too. Haven't used paid stumbles yet. Did get quite a bit of success with the promote feature at quuu.co as mentioned here https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/anyone-tried-quuu.1854/

Also, this is well worth a read http://www.buzzblogger.com/blog-promotion-checklist/

And don't forget your mailing list :wink:
I am investigating quuu right now and will report back on that thread with my results. Thanks alot for the reccomendation! When it comes to Facebook ads, do you do a paid campaign for each and every post? How do you decide which posts to throw money behind? How long do you run the boost? I am nervous about paid Stumbles as I have heard Stumbleupon traffic is garbage and doesnt convert well.

Of course this isn't enough, I set up a custom RSS that puts out a personalized caption for each shared link. I also tweak the title and description of the link slightly through metadata.

This way I don't have to wait for the schedule past to keep up.

There are paid solutions to auto boosting, but I'm not too sure about that. Quuu looks interesting, thanks @Tucky
How would you compare Zapier to IFTTT ?

@Ryuzaki why no promo for the 50?

Because a lot of those are too specific in their appeal. They'd do good on forums but on the social media channels I want to keep the engagement ratio's high with broader topics. But really, it comes down to 80/20 efficiency. There's better things to do than promote these posts.

Yep, I manually post on my social media profiles, making sure to use appropriate tags etc when available. Facebook ads are well worth it too. Haven't used paid stumbles yet. Did get quite a bit of success with the promote feature at quuu.co as mentioned here https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/anyone-tried-quuu.1854/

Also, this is well worth a read http://www.buzzblogger.com/blog-promotion-checklist/

And don't forget your mailing list :wink:

Trying out Quuu today - a bit pricer at $30 for my niche but will report back results!

I hate this Quuu promote service with a fucking passion... Ever since day one, it's been nothing but a hassle to use. Bought two accounts back when they had an appsumo deal, so many restrictions that weren't listed in the offer it's crazy!

Supposedly your content cannot contain...
  • no affiliate links
  • no profanity
  • their control panel doesn't have error notifications, so if you try to use a compressed .png you already made from your original blog post, your post never makes it into review even if you submit it multiple times (but you'll have no idea why and have to email them... note, only use .jpg's, it's the only thing the system accepts even though that's not listed ANYWHERE)
  • Why is this so annoying? Because the reach/results are poor even if you let them dictate your content style... unless I'm doing it wrong!?!
If you see a deal to buy credits on AppSumo or Product Hunt or something, buyer beware their (now publicly listed) guidelines likely won't be mentioned: http://quuupromote.co/blog/updated-content-curation-rules-quuuuality-criteria

I would love nothing more than to be proven a jackass about my review of this service if anyone has gotten decent results with it!

I hate this Quuu promote service with a fucking passion... Ever since day one, it's been nothing but a hassle to use. Bought two accounts back when they had an appsumo deal, so many restrictions that weren't listed in the offer it's crazy!

Supposedly your content cannot contain...
  • no affiliate links
  • no profanity
  • their control panel doesn't have error notifications, so if you try to use a compressed .png you already made from your original blog post, your post never makes it into review even if you submit it multiple times (but you'll have no idea why and have to email them... note, only use .jpg's, it's the only thing the system accepts even though that's not listed ANYWHERE)
  • Why is this so annoying? Because the reach/results are poor even if you let them dictate your content style... unless I'm doing it wrong!?!
If you see a deal to buy credits on AppSumo or Product Hunt or something, buyer beware their (now publicly listed) guidelines likely won't be mentioned: http://quuupromote.co/blog/updated-content-curation-rules-quuuuality-criteria

I would love nothing more than to be proven a jackass about my review of this service if anyone has gotten decent results with it!

Welp, that settles that. No Affiliate links is a deal breaker to me. And fuck no profanity.

Oh what no affiliate links? Haha wtf is the point then.

Well I guess my submission will get rejected and I'll get a refund.

Waste of time.

Welp, that settles that. No Affiliate links is a deal breaker to me. And fuck no profanity.
Oh what no affiliate links? Haha wtf is the point then.

Well I guess my submission will get rejected and I'll get a refund.

Waste of time.

Its one thing to be concerned that @chanilla said the accounts get poor reach/results and the system has a bad & glitchy control panel... and maybe the fact that no profanity is allowed... but no affiliate links is what is turning you guys off?

Pretending the service actually published your content through good accounts.... good/lots of social signals will get you indexed (which was the point of this thread) and if you get enough, even help with rankings. Are email subscribes valueless to you? Is brand awareness in your niche not worth anything? Are potential new social follows worthless?

Can you not add the affiliate links in 2 weeks later? Or is the content you want to publish useless for anyone who isn't Google searching a specific buy oriented longtail keyword?

Its one thing to be concerned that @chanilla said the accounts get poor reach/results and the system has a bad & glitchy control panel... and maybe the fact that no profanity is allowed... but no affiliate links is what is turning you guys off?

Pretending the service actually published your content through good accounts.... good/lots of social signals will get you indexed (which was the point of this thread) and if you get enough, even help with rankings. Are email subscribes valueless to you? Is brand awareness in your niche not worth anything? Are potential new social follows worthless?

Can you not add the affiliate links in 2 weeks later? Or is the content you want to publish useless for anyone who isn't Google searching a specific buy oriented longtail keyword?

Well the issue was that a lot of my content has at least one affiliate link, even if predominantly an informational piece. So depending of course on how thoroughly they vet each submitted article it would severely limit the number of posts I could use the service to promote (also assuming its actually a decent service and I'd want to use it again).

Regardless, my article was accepted so lets see how it goes.

Respect. I'm happy you said this... gave me an idea that will probably work for everyone: internal roundup, "edited" 60 days later.

And I should have clarified what I consider meaningful results... > a few hundred shares, some trickle of traffic, reshares, links... something more than a couple numbers in a dashboard.

But like I said earlier, maybe this has potential and my frustration is blinding me from seeing it! ( I actually hope so, could be a nice resource for this exact OP)

I signed up for the freebie version of Quuu, just to test it out, and promptly forgot about it. It turns out, it's been pumping out liberal/SJW idiocy to my Twitter timeline ever since--the exact opposite of what my brand stands for.

Yeah. Screw Quuu.

Reactions: Nat
Perhaps you should have set it to manual approve, or at least checked in once in a while :wink:

Many receive no promotion. I'd say 50%.

The other 40% receive some combination of:
  • Google+
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Pinterest
  • Tumblr
Those are ones that I intend to rank, so I get them some social signals and links that way.

Of the remaining 10%, I'd say 9% are designed for link-bait and traffic leaking. Those may get some Facebook PPC (I don't have a killer page yet) and some Reddit work. I may make the round on some forums as well.

That last 1% is special. They get all of the above plus outreach campaigns. They are built for this purpose, extreme linkability.

Rinse and repeat forever.

Did you do it pyramid style?
3) paid for links point to #2
2) social media links point to #1
1) main page

Does Zapier let you utilize more RSS fields than IFTTT does? I tried to set up a couple custom RSS fields so that I could do something similar to this (in my case add a few lines of content when posts get syndicated to specific social accounts). I found out later that IFTTT only lets you use a couple pre-specified RSS fields when building a new RSS integration.

@mmm91492 I didn't explore because the tool does exactly what I needed, but I recall they had a lot more fields that you could choose from.

If you are doing something similar to me, just use a dedicated RSS and throw whatever you want to the common fields for social posting. Keep the regular one for normal syndication.

Things like post caption, post title, post picture and post summary can all be tweaked this way.

Ah, that's interesting. So instead of trying to have one RSS feed with a ton of custom fields, have several different standard RSS feeds, each for a different purpose? I'm gonna try that out, and probably look into Zapier again too. Thanks.

I like to do paid boosts with my posts on FB. But before spending money on them I try to leak them in relevant FB groups first. If it's a hit with the FB group then I research the group interests to see what interests I can use for my FB ads audience. But that's just me because adwords and fb are really strong in my local market.

Back