Best Web Hosts? Not cheap ones, but super top notch

contract

We're all gunna mine it brah.
Degree
Well Liquidweb is dead thanks to the private equity group screwing it over. Sites refusing to load, major lag, etc. All foreign support; not a single American support human on live chat.

Looking for another Liquidweb before they went downhill.

Will not use MediaTemple, or any other service owned by Godaddy.

Sigh.

DigitalOcean is good but you have to monitor the bandwidth usage yourself. Hostinger is pretty good too.

Just my two cents. Digital Ocean is alright, but sometimes random issues come up for random loactions. Like it loads very slowly or stops working altogether for one-two cities, but it is fine at other locations.
Though this may be because of address not getting resolved properly on ISP level, never got to the bottom of that.
Used to have LW before, there were fewer dns issues then, but loads of other kinds of problems.

Nothing is perfect but, DO+plesk seems better tha LW+cPanel.

Yeah liquid web really went to shit.

Can't even keep their infrastructure running properly anymore.
I paid a premium to use them for years because things ran good and the support was outstanding.
Moving off them was a huge pain in the ass, wish I hadn't had to do it.

Fuck this vulture crapital private equity shit.
These guys are pillaging the economy and damaging the reality we all live in.
We don't need a bunch of dumb buffoons with to much access to crapital shitting everything up.
Raise interest rates and bring back the required reserve rates already.
Team stupid needs to be able to lose when they do dumb shit.

Damn, I use LiquidWeb. I haven't had too many problems and the only reason I used them is because I used WiredTree for the longest time before them.

I was going to switch over to KnownHost, I think a couple people here have suggested them before. Anyone here have any opinions on KnownHost?

I very much enjoy Cloudways / Digital Ocean. They make it really easy to launch a new site and they have good support if / when things get weird.

I still vouch for Knownhost. I prefer their managed servers and I take advantage of their fantastic support almost to outsource server config and changes to them.

Maybe look into OVH. I wonder if OVH is good for something like hosting many large traffic sites. I have only used them 1 site before and mainly minecraft hosting. Pretty good for MC so I'd assume it should be good enough for sites.

I've never had a problem with Namecheap. They sell clean private IPs too, which is important if IP reputation matters to you. Their customer service has always gone above and beyond to help me with my problems, even when it's really not their concern. My experience with DigitalOcean was bad because many of their IPs were on blocklists, possibly because hackers often use their services.

NC hosting has been pretty terrible for me tbh.

I've never had a problem with Namecheap. They sell clean private IPs too, which is important if IP reputation matters to you. Their customer service has always gone above and beyond to help me with my problems, even when it's really not their concern. My experience with DigitalOcean was bad because many of their IPs were on blocklists, possibly because hackers often use their services.

Tier.net is pretty great.
Killer prices if you need beefy things for ai or saas stuff.
Support just pulled off a complicated migration in a very proactive manner for me.

Made me happy enough to start schilling them.

Last edited:
Back