Best practices / tips for AAWP?

Potatoe

BuSo Pro
Degree
I started testing out AAWP recently, makes it a lot easier to get my content out there more quickly, but my clicks have been suffering greatly. Still converting at around 20% for the people who do click, but less people are clicking.

Wondering if anyone experienced anything similar when switching, and if you have any advice on settings or tweaks I can make? I'm using the default template still.

Prior to this I had mostly text links, and the occasional button, pointing to Amazon.

I'd guess that anything that looks more blatantly like an advertisement is going to get less clicks but a higher conversion rate. Special boxes with buttons that say 'click here' and that show prices and product details, that kind of thing.

But I also think Google is shuffling "best" and "review" style SERPs around a bit lately, which might be contributing to what you're seeing. I'm having the same issue. Less clicks on the same amount of traffic because I dropped some commercial-intent ranks and gained a ton of long-tails for the same pages with less intent.

Back