Best Place You've Ever Been?

chaddicus.

Boot Camp
Degree
Once a year I start to get an insane itch to take off and see someplace new. There's something about absorbing the energy of a new place that rejuvenates me and gets me working harder. I feel it coming on and need some suggestions. Thinking about taking a holiday sometime this summer.

What is the most dope place you've ever been and what did you like about it?

For me, I'm probably going to have to go with Tokyo or the Dominican Republic. Tokyo was such a cool city, so innovative and at the same time traditional. And their fish market blew my mind. The DR was just a sweet relaxing escape. I didn't go to resorts, but went around with a buddy who lived there for a couple of years. The beaches were empty, the people were super generous with what they had, and there is oddly quite a lot of new world history.

I've not had the pleasure to travel much and I'd love to see tons of places. I've been around the US here and there but not a ton. My favorite place is my own backyard and porch. Having a space and spending time in it, decorating it, becoming familiar with it, having experiences in it, and making it become a place instead of a space is my favorite. My own perfect spot of relaxation.

Northern Italy. The cinque Terre region (but not one of the five towns, those are tourist traps).

Beautiful landscape, nice people, great food.

Where do I start? Loads of lovely places, I second the northern Italy bit, also Lugano in Ticino Switzerland is lovely as well as Valle Versasca up there - you'll find that dam they jump off in one of the bond movies up there. I can also recommend: Sicily and Greece if you're into ancient civilizations, Paris is amazing the food is great (except at the airport where its horrific) and the people were lovely to us when I was there.

Argentina and Patagonia are fab if you're looking for a walking holiday, amazing scenery and great steaks. What else? Personally I loved both Copenhagen and Amsterdam as well- great vibe to both places. Norway and Sweden are pretty good to visit as well although they are very expensive and Stockholm seems to have more Mcdonalds than NY does lol. Everyone speaks English up there though which is handy.

Its hard to pick a favourite place but I really want to go back to Paris when its warmer and Ticino as well.

I used to travel with bands when I was younger and have seen most of the USA. New York City, Chicago, Salt Lake City/Park City, and NOLA are my favorite spots, by far.

Montreal and Vancouver/Whistler Mountain are great spots in Canada.

This makes me realize that it's time to get a passport.

Having a space and spending time in it, decorating it, becoming familiar with it, having experiences in it, and making it become a place instead of a space is my favorite. My own perfect spot of relaxation.
I agree with this, wholeheartedly. Making memories where your roots are laid out is one of the best ways to relax and let things go. But when that wanderlust hits... nothing I can do but scratch that itch!.

@emp @RiverStyx , you guys have me jonesing for Europe. I actually lived and worked in Germany for a time, but never actually got out of the country... its a long story. Northern Italy sounds amazing, but I definitely want to hit Prague and Greece. I've got some family in Norway and Spain too, so I may just be pulling a eurotrip.

@stackcash I went to school in SLC and was an avid Park City season pass holder. So I feel ya there. NY is NY and you can't help but like the energy of that city. Never hit Chicago or NOLA, though the latter is on my must do before 30 list.

Back