Best investment you can make in a website

Stephen

Ecommerce SEO / SEM
BuSo Pro
Degree
I have an external source of revenue that I would rather not be taxed, so I would rather plough the money in to one of my websites as an investment.

The question I am pondering on is what would be the best investment, should I think about building out much more content on the site, or do I invest in SEO. I'm not keen in PPC as that just feels like money going out with little long term ROI.

Split the money in two one pile for content and one for marketing/seo. Just keep in mind that search engines is not the only "free" traffic source, and that it is better to have your traffic from a braod spectre of sources than just one. that way your site will not live and die by others rules and regulations and TOS and algo changes.

Paid traffic can have a huge long terrm ROI depending on how you play the game and your CPC and your landing page

Content would be fantastic. "SEO"... be careful. Having someone optimize all of your pages and what not, sure. Buying links? Eh. Using the money for huge legit marketing campaigns that gain you legit links? Heck yeah.

I'm not keen in PPC as that just feels like money going out with little long term ROI.

I don't know about this statement. If you have the working capital - PPC is a decent starting point to make money quickly and better inform your other efforts before you toss a lot of money at them. Profit is profit...

Back