Best Hosting Providers?

Why just not go the AWS route? If configured correctly, it's one of the best (for scaling) and cheapest options at the same time.

I'm configuring my WP sites on nginx with micocaching and all the bells and whistles - you can start at $10 per month while you're growing and easily scale to something bigger as you grow

I've used Namecheap.com for the past 2 years. They are affordable and haven't experienced any downtime. My sites are small hence making them ideal.

Cloudways have been really decent for me. I was with SiteGround for 3 years or so but scaling was always going to be a challenge. Cloudways have been fairly decent since moving around 2 years ago. Cloudflare integration now too which helps with CWV.

I've been with Colorado-based JaguarPC for over 15 years with a VPS. They have outstanding support and I've never had an issue. They have a core staff that has been with them for many years, too, from CSRs to Engineers. They used to have an awesome affiliate program that was lucrative but stopped it. Wish they would bring it back!

For static HTML pages Amazon AWS is really good (Hosting&DNS resolution): Amazon S3 + Route 53
Very fast CDN hosting and DNS lookups.

For Wordpress installations i used to use SiteGround but wasn't completely happy with their loading times. I recently moved to Cloudways (Vultr High Frequency Server) and couldn't be happier.

Hetzner would be another decent/affordable option.

This is for agencies and high traffic sites. Go with Vultr, Linode or whatever your fav UNMANAGED VPS provider, get SSH root access and no crappy/bloated/slow cpanels, one click installers or any of that garbage because the way those things configure software is far from ideal or optimal cause it's done the "cpanel way". Get Debian based server like Ubuntu, don't listen to that "Redhat/some other distro is more secure" BS, that's a complete lie and it's only considered "more secure" cause they run sometimes SUPER old versions of packages like some 80 year old Human Resources director that fears change. Install OpenLitespeed or Nginx (depending on use case), Ubuntu cockpit and Netdata to monitor every server metric you'd ever care to know and use "apt update && apt -y upgrade && apt -y dist-upgrade && apt -y autoremove" to keep server updated.

I migrate a ton of clients away from WPX, Cloudways and Knownhost. Most of these clients are either running agencies with a ton of sites on them or have high traffic sites that have failed/crashed in one way or the other. If managed hosting was that good, I wouldn't be inundated with work to move people away from it, so thanks for at least that, managed hosting! Again this is for high traffic and agency servers, not a low/medium traffic site that maybe gets about 100k uniques a month.

At the end of the day, pick a decent and performant option based on ratings and go for it. People like to debate who has that extra 5ms of performance and they also like to debate support but you have to put support into the "please unfuck my WP site" category or "hey there is something wrong with the actual server" category. Most people mean the former when they talk about support and get upset when the sysadmins of managed hosting aren't going to do all kind of extensive troubleshooting to figure out that it's really the combination of like 10 plugins that do the same thing, playing highlander with each other that is bringing the server down.

Source: Linux/Unix sysadmin/consultant for about 30 years now.

Anyone here using Digital Ocean?

I have been using Digital Ocean and its super flexible and inexpensive. $6/month for their smallest tier and have never run into any issues. They don't offer live chat though or at least not that I have seen, so you would need to know your way around and learn how to use terminal.

It's been a learning curve to be honest, but once I got the hang of it - I wouldn't want to use anything else.

They have plenty of documentation and there are tons of YouTube video tuts.

Back