Best Display Ad Companies for German Website? - & Sharing My RPMs With Raptive

Degree
Hey boys and girls hope you're all killing it in 2024.

Alrighty, we have a German site in the gaming niche. It's getting decent traffic and I've monetized with Raptive since I have a few other sites that are monetized with Raptive. But RPMs aren't looking too good compared to my other sites that are all English sites. I expected this, but still gave it a shot thinking maybe we'll have decent RPMs and who knows, maybe I do, but they seem to low to me.

My RPMs​

Here's an ss of my RPMs:

1K1b8QD.png

Mod Edit: Don't link to your image. Embed it.

------ haven't posted in a while I am not sure if a drive link is allowed, will edit if necessary. For those who cannot access, my RPMs are $3-10 , with a couple of days-fluke in December of $23 RPM. But nowadays it averages around $5.

Looking for advice on other Display Ad Partners to consider and your experiences with a German site and Display Ad monetization. What RPMs should I be aiming for and which Ad Partners are considered as the OGs in Germany?

Last edited by a moderator:
All RPMs have turned to custard since the new year. You're not alone regardless of geo.

All RPMs have turned to custard since the new year. You're not alone regardless of geo.
Actually, for my other sites RPMs seem to be fine tbh. Sure they dropped compared to Dec due to it being January, but they’re higher than last year’s January RPMs.

Your two best bets are Mediavine & Raptive (AdThrive). You're already in the best. You probably just have less inventory to compete and drive up the bids due to the amount of people speaking the language versus a more broad language.

My experience:

One Site (German) is getting $10 RPM on Ezoic, trash traffic tbh (dating stuff and cute pictures) – the site is literally unusable without AdBlock, terrible user experience.

Second Site (German) is getting 3-7€ RPM with AdSense, high-quality traffic (via Google or direct, affluent parents, 30-40, average 15 minutes time on site). Kinda frustrating, will try out symplr on it soon without having high hopes.

Third Site (German, sold by now) was making around 3-5k per month with display ads (also dating niche) at 20k page views per day (50% Pinterest, 50% google traffic). Building an email list and selling an eBook added around 2k (per month) revenue to the site.

Back