.... begins with a single step

Discussion in 'Intro Threads' started by Nomad, Jul 16, 2017 at 4:25 AM.

1. Nomad

Nomad

Degree:
    Heard about this place on reddit a couple months ago, finally joined. I've been kicking around the idea of online businesses for a while. Started a couple projects, made a little, lost a little, nothing impressive. But I never had a resource like this community to learn from before - this time I can do better.

My skills and resources:
    - Content writing/marketing
    - Education/training experience
    - Basic design
    - Mandarin speaker
    - Experience in running a successful small business offline.

I'm here to up my game and finally launch a successful online side business. I'm not 100% sure which direction I should go this time- a B2B content service? Drop shipping? An authority site? All of the above?

I see a world rife with opportunities, and I'm ready to learn how to take advantage of them.

A journey of a thousand miles...

2. Prentzz

•  
    Prentzz

Degree:
    Welcome @Nomad, great to have you here!

There sure is a lot of potential opportunities out there but you'll find that most every successful has focused on a single business and dedicated their life to it.

It's almost irrelevant which you choose. Most businesses can make you rich beyond your imaginable dreams, presuming that you execute it correctly.

You can speak Mandarin so perhaps you'd have an advantage in talking with Chinese suppliers and getting products created and shipped to US customers. It could be an interesting idea to create an authority site around a topic, have a product made and shipped from China to your customers, also sell that product as an Amazon FBA, sell it to other eCommerce companies, eventually put it into stores, TV ads, daytime shopping, Walmart, then buy a private jet, build an island and live happily ever after.

There's lots of potential, that's the fun part. But try not to dream your way away, pick something and promise yourself that you'll give EVERYTHING for at least 365 days.

Welcome!

Ryuzaki and Trankuility like this.
  3. Nomad

Nomad

Degree:
    Thank you for your response.

Yes, I was thinking that I might have an advantage dealing with Chinese suppliers, or setting things up in mainland China (custom products, warehousing, etc).

I'm not sure that I really need a private jet. I'd be happy with not flying coach anymore. And I'd really settle for a beach house closer to civilization. The logistics of owning and resupplying an island... But I take your point. :smile:

Reading through the guide, it looks like I need to be researching verticals. Something with enough margin, close enough to my interests, and in demand. Maybe Chinese domestic electronics or outdoor gear.