Been browsing a while, time to say hello

Degree
Hi

I joined a few months back, from a recommendation over on r/juststart, and have been browsing merrily away, learning lots and finding lots of inspiration.

I've done some form of web development/management since 2004, when I started a blog while I was at university. It was quite well respected in its field, quoted in major news sites (BBC, CNN, etc) but all my traffic came from other blogs & word of mouth, and I could never figure out how to turn that recognition into traffic and income.

Until around 2011, when I finally stumbled across the realisation that keywords were driving traffic from google, and joined a forum called the Keyword Academy (now long defunct). I took the lessons I learned there and built a decent site, which a year on I sold for $xx,xxx. I used the money to fund my wedding (bride with expensive tastes, still no regrets!) and pretty much forgot about making money from websites for a while apart from the occasional half-hearted dabble.

More recently, spurred on by realising that the site I sold now has approximately 5 million search visits a month, I thought it's time to get back into the game. So I've dusted off some old plans, done my keyword research and built a couple of new sites (both cover a similar topic, but each targets a different geographic area) and am starting to see some traction.

So, that's me. Hello, and I'm really looking forward to learning the latest on the forums here.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Welcome, @Siberian. You've got the skills to pay the bills. Nothing to it but to do it at this point. Glad to have you aboard.