Basic lead-gen setup - help

Degree
I'm looking to setup a super basic lead-gen form submission on my sites. Where I take in the lead via a form, store to database, then ship the lead somewhere to monetize.

2 ways...

1. Coding by hand:

Does anyone know a good guide or reference to get this done? I don't have much coding experience, but would like to use this as an opportunity to learn.

2. Finding Plugins/Automated Solutions:

So far with Wordpress I've found Gravity Forms has a premium version that will sync with Zoho CRM which will ship leads. But the premium version of Gravity Forms is $200 and I'm not sure if I'm going in the right direction with this. Is this a decent route or am I making it too complicated?

Thoughts?

You may not want to reinvent the wheel here.

Several companies will compensate you on a pay-per-sale basis and already have code for you to just drop into your site. The code will display an attractive form on your site and will automatically send the lead directly to the company so it can be processed immediately.

The problem with maintaining your own database is that you're the one that's responsible to ship the lead to the company in a timely matter. How fast the lead needs to be shipped will vary by your terms with the company. Once a certain amount of time passes from when the lead is submitted, it becomes much less valuable.

However, if you want to go and do this on your own...Gravity Forms is probably the easiest way to get it done.

A lot of the lead generation software available has widgets that you can embed in your pages to collect leads.

The most important thing is being able to instantly send the email because this will dramatically impact open rates.

I use Gravity Forms and have it integrated to salesforce to ship leads directly. Works like a charm and would recommend the plugin highly.

Thrive Leads from Thrive Themes. All the leads can now be stored and exported from directly within the plugin. It also comes with tons of form templates, performance tracking, and reporting. There may be more seasoned options, and maybe some more capable or advanced options out there, but from a usability and workflow standpoint, I've found Thrive Leads to be extremely efficient and easy to get started with, without having to waste a ton of time figuring out how to make things work. I think there's a lot to be said for ease of use and attractive design out of the box.

Thrive Themes makes some really good stuff. For starting out I highly reco those themes as it will make the learning curve a bit less.

For my lead gen clients or even little side sites I make, I use http://us-themes.com/demo/?theme=Zephyr or http://us-themes.com/demo/?theme=Impreza

For the forms I like to use http://codecanyon.net/item/formcraft-premium-wordpress-form-builder/5335056 as it makes it super easy to teach clients how to make forms with the drag and drop interface. As well as easy setup for forwarding your quotes/leads to your buyer :smile:

Back