backup your shit

Degree
Complacency leads to failure. It's true in many ways, always expect shit to break and you'll be well placed to get on.

Hard drive failure. Annoying. Im currently trying to recover data... it involves a peice of cardboard and a transfer rate of a modem from the 90s... but I may get stuff, that is good.

Who here backups up to the cloud easily and with what ( recent snowden stuff says dropbox bad security wise, not that what I have is worthy of investigation).

BACKUP your shit now!

RAID 1 set up across 3 local drives, soon to be 4 drives + random important files and automatic website backups to Dropbox.

Agreed. Always be ready, and remember, data isn't safe until it's in at least 2 physically distinct places (better yet 3).

I use dropbox and occasionally manually backup some dirs

::emp::

I rarely save anything locally anymore. Everything is on DB. If I'm particularly worried about something specific, I'll just zip it up and send it to myself in g-mail and archive the e-mail.

For sites.... Backup Buddy.

Backblaze in the cloud, manual (Superduper or Reflect) that creates bootable drives which go home weekly, and BitTorrent Sync interoffice and with a RAID stack in the Wine Cellar that sync with a second office.

Work too many hours and far too hard not to have redundant safeguards in place...

SSD Raid backup from my primary drive - don't trust 3rd party coulds

I've Backblaze as cloud backup and Time Machine does local backup. Cloud backups can be pain in the ass if you need to recover one single file that got overwritten by some syncing issues etc.

I use Office 365/Wuala and a few local drives for the really important stuff.

Back