Auto-populating Google Sheets from email attachments

Degree
Hi guys,

Hoping one of you could help me out with this one.

Lately I’ve been using Google Data Studio a lot for client reporting. It’s free to use, it looks decent and you can embed it on your own website within a client login portal. It hooks up to Google Sheets where it gets its data from as a data source.

Basically what I’m trying to achieve is to automatically get data from Google DoubleClick Bid Manager (DBM) reports and place it within Google Sheets so I don't have to export it + copy/paste it within Google Sheets manually.

I was able to achieve this for a basic report (which only needs data from 1 Google Sheets worksheet) with mailparser.io. Within DBM I create a schedule to email last week’s data every Monday to an email provided by mailparser and it can pull data from email attachment and place it within a certain worksheet of a dedicated Google Sheet. All I have to do then is refresh that Google Data Studio dashboard every Tuesday morning and the new data is there:

Scheduled DBM Export Email with Attachment --> Mailparser --> Google Sheets --> Google Data Studio

Happy days.

What sucks though is that mailparser can only parse one certain attachment at a time into a given Google Sheet. For the more advanced reports, I got 3 worksheets within a Google Sheet that are populated from 3 different DBM reports. In order for this to work with mailparser, I need to create a unique email address for each export which will be messy and will cost me a small fortune.

Do any of you know of a different solution which can grab attachments from emails and place it within dedicated Google Sheets worksheets based on either the file name or the column names? I've tried the Supermetrics addon for Google Sheets as it can connect to DBM but that was disappointingly limited.

Cheers

Could you add MailGun with aliases and rules in front of the Mailparser to solve unique email addresses cost problem? (or perhaps replace the Mailparser with MailGun?)

Back