Auction and Expired domain ranking at top after Aug Update

Degree
I noticed several websites (PBN type) started ranking at top without even single link to product review page.
Those domains are not even niche related. A domain related to politics and Gay/lesbian ranks for health product review keywords,

Anyone else noticing the same?

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Anyone else noticing the same?
Yes, we're having an entire conversation on the topic here: What's your take on Google's Search Algorithm right now?

But in general, when you see this many updates occurring this fast to the core algorithm, there's always a window of time where nonsense ranks and spammers can slide up in the SERPs too. It never lasts too long, maybe a month or two. That window has gotten tighter and tighter in the past decade. Even with the first Penguins, you had the entire 6 to 12 months before they refreshed again. But now so much of these filters are rolling in real time that the window is very tight.

You have to also think about Google's content classifications. The further up a vertical you get, versus getting tightly niched down, there's a ton of overlap. Mental Health and Sexuality can be cross-classified as Health as well as Politics or Social Concerns, etc, as examples I just made up.

Degree
Just thought,I 'll put an update.

I bought an auction domain for $1.5k (It is not in my niche but a very strong one).

I put up 10-12 product review articles (no images,no optimization yet just done by my VA). After 2 weeks,it has started popping up in page 2 for few big keywords. #12-20.

Now, I am putting some effort to improve my content and see where it goes.

PS: I have tried 301 a similar domain to one of my sites before, it did not work.

Last edited: