Administrator
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Introducing...
The Newsstand

JhXN9xK.jpg

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Attention Builders!

Occasionally members of our community-at-large post something so powerful, so awe-inspiring, so noteworthy... something so beneficial to us at Builder Society that we want to make sure all builders take notice.

That's why @MetaData and I have just implemented the Newsstand. You'll find it in the sidebar on the homepage near the top. Every few days, we'll showcase a new blog post, achievement, guide, and anything else of value to the builder collective. If you aren't sure where to find it, it looks like this below:

50gSy9s.png

Maybe you've come across a post in the wild that impressed you. Maybe you've written a blog post that you're so proud of that you want to put it on public display. Send me a Private Message and I'll take a look. And no, you can't pay to be featured so don't ask.

Let us know what you think of the Newsstand in this thread!

Great addition, thanks for this. With all the great content being shared here on BuSo, I can see this feature being used quite a bit :smile:

Definitely let @The Engineer or myself know via PM if you stumble across any awesome blog posts, or guides, or case studies or whatever... Or, of course, if you write one yourself that you'd like to have featured don't be shy... It's not exclusively for BuSo member projects, but a big part of it is to shine a spotlight on Builders who are making awesome stuff.

I think it's great for blog posts and case studies, but standalone threads from the forum itself that are worthy, should be nominated into a new section.

Just my 2cents. Not that it's worth much... about 0.00002 cents tbh.

Last edited:
I think it's great for blog posts and case studies, but standalone threads from the forum itself that are worthy, should be nominated into a new section.

Just my 2cents. Not that it's worth much... about 0.00002 cents tbh.

Everything featured in the Newsstand will be something that's hosted off-forum :smile:

Edit: I should also mention that some submissions that don't make it onto the Newsstand could still possibly be shared elsewhere (On our Twitter account, for example.) We're generous like that! :wink:

Yeah, I actually thought of telling you guys to do that first, so

but standalone threads from the forum itself that are worthy, should be nominated into a new section.

We definitely intend on having this feature. Some say that it's already created...

Thanks for the feedback.

@lyannastark Yep! We've got a record of all of them and will be putting something together to track / discuss.

Also I just want to make it known that @localcasestudy didn't hit us up and ask for the shave club link to be added to the Newsstand, sometimes we'll just put Builder's projects up there if they're publicly known.

Back