Asking advice for redirect

Degree
Hi everyone:smile:

I would like some advice on putting a good redirect.

I registered an expired domain with some nice stats in the same niche as my money website. It has all brand names and it's spam free. I would like to know the best practice to redirect it to my money site.

Firstly I want to add some nice quality contextual links to the expired domain with some keyword rich anchors, nothing will come up more than 4-5% of the anchor profile. I also have put some content on the homepage to rank it some better in the first place.

My question is if it would be smart to first let the site sink like a month or more before I redirect? Or should I just place the links and then redirect it right away. What would you people recommend and what is your best experience?

I usually use the Wayback Machine to get the original content up on the site and let it marinate for a while. Usually about a week or two. During that time I drip some of the links to the site. Once I'm sure the site is reindexed, I 301 it to my money site or buffer layer and blast it with the rest of the links.

It sounds like this is pretty much what you've got planned here. It's always worked well for me and injects quite a bit of authority (assuming your 301 is a powerful domain). Remember to keep the links going to your 301 to replace any lost or deindexed links and you should be fine.

Back