Are You Efficient?

stackcash

I Sell Words
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I became efficient out of laziness. God knows that if something takes multiple steps to complete a task, I'm likely pretty unhappy about it. If there is a way to reduce that process to a single e-mail or click of a button - I'm all about it.

Today - I just got an e-mail about a blog post from my bookkeeping service on how/why you should make your life more efficient. It included a pretty nice list of services that can handle mundane tasks for you at a reasonable monthly price.
ctHTaz9.png

I know we have already had threads on free resources (here and here) for marketers, but I thought it would be nice to have a thread that lists out great services that can make our lives more efficient - for both business and personal reasons.

Personally, I still do a lot of things ass-backwards. @Bloghue can attest to this. My work life is just a bunch of dropbox / drive accounts, spreadsheets, e-mail accounts, and skype/slack chats. I'd like to streamline this more and more.

So far, I'm using these services now:
  • Dropbox
  • Google Apps / Gmail
  • Grasshopper
  • Bench.co
There were a few companies mentioned in the graphic above that piqued my interest. Mainly, the following:
  • DesignPickle.com: Unlimited graphic design projects for $370/month. That may seem like a steep price, but you need to consider everything you can get out of it. For me, I can definitely use daily blog post featured images, social media graphics, banners/avatars for WordAgents, e-mail templates, iconography, logos for new affiliate sites, etc. I'm betting that I can get each graphic design request done for less than Fiverr prices...at a much higher quality. Definitely looking into this.
  • WPCurve.com: These guys seem to go beyond standard WordPress hosting by offering same-day, on-demand dev help. If these guys can fix those random PHP errors that seem to pop-up all the time, on top of maintain my money site - this seems like it can be a big help.
  • FancyHands.com: Their tagline is "Assistants for Everyone" - and it appears to be a personal concierge / assistant service. At approximately $3 per 20 minute task, I think I can get some value out of this.
What do you guys think? Have any efficient services you can add to this?

DesignPickle.com: Unlimited graphic design projects for $370/month. That may seem like a steep price, but you need to consider everything you can get out of it. For me, I can definitely use daily blog post featured images, social media graphics, banners/avatars for WordAgents, e-mail templates, iconography, logos for new affiliate sites, etc. I'm betting that I can get each graphic design request done for less than Fiverr prices...at a much higher quality. Definitely looking into this.

Unfortunately they can't do the following, which includes logo creation:
  • Original logos or branding
  • Video / motion graphics
  • Illustrations / infographics
  • Heavy photo manipulation
  • Large copy-heavy layout or InDesign projects
  • 3D / CAD
  • HTML / CSS / UI / UX / web, mobile or app design
  • Programming/coding
(from http://designpickle.com/faqs/)

Bit of a bummer, would of been great if they could create infographics for that price.

Back